Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Something to think about when replying to some posts.

Started by Ralph, January 21, 2013, 05:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph

Some posts are miles long due to the poster want to show a long session of play, and that is of course OK, and needed for explaining the topic. If we replay on this topics, it is not needed to quote the whole post, some threads becomes miles long and the scrolling we have to do can make the threads less attractive to follow and read.

We can remove the long col of numbers in the replies, it is already found in the original post.

It is examples of very long replies, and the replay is three words, and sometimes out of topic.

esoito

Quite right, Ralph.  :thumbsup:

You beat me to it -- it's something I was going to mention to members.

It's a bit daft quoting huge strings of numbers as part of a reply. As you say, the thread becomes too long. And too hard to navigate as well.

Albalaha

Many are just in a bad habit of quoting the entire post even just to reply, Good. It is purely illogical. Quote only things which you want to answer. If you want to answer the main question of the topic, you need not quote anything.
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

TwoCatSam

If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

Albalaha

Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

GLC

Some of us grew up in Oklahoma.  We can't read fast, we can't talk fast, nobody can understand our accent and it takes a lot of rabbit trails to say anything!

All kidding aside, your point is well taken.

If this forum were in say,  Bulgarian, all posts would be shorter.  Especially mine.

GLC
I don't enjoy playing roulette enough nor do I have the time to sit at a table for hours and hours on end.  That limits the systems I'm willing to play.  I'm looking for the system that will change my mind.

esoito

Welcome GLC!

The forum is enhanced by your presence and your humour. I'm still chuckling... :thumbsup:

TwoCatSam

GLC

I grew up in Oklahoma.  Now I'm growin' old in Oklahoma. 

Man, if we don't get some rain here, we're in a heap o' trouble!

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

topcat888