Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

american wheel.

Started by Turner, July 04, 2013, 07:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMK

Getting back to the American Wheel again for a bit. I found this interesting comment on another forum. Perhaps we have eluded to this before  but don't think so.....

(for new people, a trustworthy player back in the 90's (Bob) said he had a winning method for the American Wheel because the layout gives the player an advantage)

I assume you are referring to the fact that on the American wheel large clumps of adjacent numbers can be bet on the layout without resorting to straight up bets. This cannot be done on the European wheel. This fact is of use to both AP and system players, and can help to reduce the effect of the larger HE. I have never seen or played on an American wheel But a glance at a picture will confirm this fact. Incidentally I have referred to this several times on this forum and I even mentioned it in this thread.

TwoCatSam

The numbers on the second column are more clustered than the other two or the dozens.  I had a piece on it, but can't find it.

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

RouletteKEY

most of the second column is clustered together but if you want to go with a 15 number bet and split the difference in payout between a dozen and an EC you play the following numbers

0, 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 28, 30, 32, 35  (you skip the 8 and 29) numbers in red are obviously departures from the second column

you can also play the second column and the 7 and 28 streets along with the 0 or 0/00 at that point to make it an 18 number bet and keep the chip count down if you need to...the calculations get a little complicated on a real wheel if the table isn't busy if you are trying to keep everything even up on the units once you start mixing in streets and the 0/00 split...on a real wheel you are also looking at a decent size bet compared to what alot of the online players seem to be accustomed to (especially if you are playing a progression)...no 10 cent bets inside on any real wheels I've seen.

The straight up 15 number bet at the top of my response kinda looks like hopscotch when you lay it out on the felt...so it's easy to remember