Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

How to get an edge flat-betting (in THEORY)

Started by Mike, November 09, 2013, 01:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johno-Egalite

Quote from: Bally6354 on March 02, 2019, 03:56:39 PM
I noticed the original post was missing and so nobody would really have the foggiest what it was all about.
Here is the 'wayback' link so anybody can read what was originally said in the opening post.

Here is the missing first post of the thread...

This analysis is based on a single-zero wheel flat betting on the even chances.

Suppose you were able to reduce the length of your losing runs -  how would your edge vary depending on the longest losing run? To put it another way, what should the length of the longest losing run be to ensure that you would make profit flat-betting?

The analysis assumes that there is no limit to the length of the winning runs. I wrote a program which generated even-chance outcomes and varied the length of the longest losing run from 10 to 1, and for each value I calculated the player's edge.

Here's the code:

Code: [Select]

program advantage;
var
   i: integer;

procedure get_advantage(maxL: integer);
const
  n = 100000000;
var
  i, Lrun, w, l: longint;
  Pw: real;
begin
  w:= 0; l:= 0;
  Lrun:= 0;
  randomize;
  for i:= 1 to n do begin
    if random(36) > 18 then begin
       Lrun:= 0;
       inc(w)
    end
    else begin
       inc(Lrun);
       if Lrun <= maxL then
          inc(l);
    end
  end;
  Pw:=  w/(w + l);
  write('Max losing run = ', maxL);
  writeln(', HA = ', (Pw*100 - 50):4:3)
end;

// main
begin
  for i:= 1 to 10 do
    get_advantage(i);
  readln
end.           

and here are the results:

Max losing run = 1, PA = 15.451
Max losing run = 2, PA = 5.357
Max losing run = 3, PA = 1.194
Max losing run = 4, PA = -0.764
Max losing run = 5, PA = -1.723
Max losing run = 6, PA = -2.229
Max losing run = 7, PA = -2.493
Max losing run = 8, PA = -2.627
Max losing run = 9, PA = -2.704
Max losing run = 10, PA = -2.736

For losing runs of length 10 (or more), the expected PA (player advantage) of approximately -2.7% applies. As you shorten the longest losing run, the PA increases, but it's not until you get to a max losing run of 3 that it becomes positive!

So, if you can find a way to get your maximum losing run down to 3, you will have an advantage of about 1.2%. Alternatively, you could try to recover all losing runs above 3 by some sort of progression (good luck with that).

It's quite surprising how many losses you need to eliminate in order to get an advantage.
Maths is great like that.  Once it's been proven that no method exists to do what you claim, it's not necessary to go through the details of your system to prove that it doesn't work.  You claim that it does something which can be proven impossible, therefore your claim is false. The details don't matter.  I use the names Junket, Junket King, Lugi, Mark Teruya, Rolex, Relex, Rolex Watch, Mark, Eaglite, JohnO & More depending on what day it is and whom I am attempting to be!

ozon

The question still remains.
Is using a virtual loss on the side banker, to some extent it changes something.
I do not know if this is a place for such an open conversation,
if it were so but by making selections by statistics, i.e. the single player is more popular than the single banker, you can create interesting selections