Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Someone correct me on this..................

Started by TwoCatSam, January 02, 2014, 01:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoCatSam

I can't find the thread..............

Let's talk only of R/B.  In a given trot, you will have X red singles and half that many red doubles and half that many red triples and so on and so on.  Is that right?

How does it go??

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

Nickmsi

Happy New Year Sam . . .

See if this link is what you are looking for.

http://www.win-maxx.com/basics/basics06.html

Cheers

Nick

TwoCatSam

OK, I read that twice............

Let me make a couple of wild statements:  If a thing never happens, some other thing is preventing that happening.  If a thing does happen, no other thing is preventing that happening.

I welcome anyone who wishes to discuss the above, but for the moment I will assume it's true.

We spin the wheel 100 times.  Do we ever see only 10 reds and 90 blacks?  I don't think so.  For some reason, the thing that is not happening (10 vs 90) is being prevented from happening.  Otherwise it would happen.  What is preventing it from happening?

If you break it down into single spins, there would be a reason why red did not appear in approximately 40 spins.  Since there is a 50/50 chance of R/B happening, why does it NOT happen?? 

I would suspect one could spin a wheel for a year and in blocks of 100 spins they would never see a 10 vs 90. 

Reading the link Nick attached, I understand their point of view is that spins are NOT independent trials; that they are all connected.

What a way to start the new year!!

Anyone?

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

Turner

Sam...... I did something on this called  Shhhh....Turners talking about e/c series
It got discussed there.
I personally got a great understanding of this from studying dice outcomes and throwing them myself and noting the varience vs what you would expect from probability. This is where my wife finally thought I had lost the plot.
I discussed it in craps section here.
I found dice and singles and series very similar.
Well I did anyhow......I'm not opening discussion on how they are not!

Teorulte

I just tested over 15 million single zero spins and analyzed H/L.

The worst case was only 24 wins in 100 spins.  If you can find a way to stay within table limits, and profit any time you get at least 24 wins in 100 spins, you would have the grail.  But good luck, because it can not be done!

:thumbsup:

TwoCatSam

Then Ralph has posted the true "Oily Grial" as it only requires five wins in fifty.

Sam

Teorulte

That won't work.  If you use his method, and apply it to every possible 50 spin sequence, with the 5 wins spaced out, you will see you will hit table limits very often.

TwoCatSam

Well, shucky-darn!!  That threw a dead skunk down my well.