Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

XXVV's WF3 system

Started by Bayes, February 12, 2014, 01:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayes

Guys,
Don't order those porsches just yet. I've found a bug in the code. :(
Not sure how it's going to affect the overall results, but I'm guessing not favourably. I spotted the error in this sequence of numbers:

32        +0
   13        +0
   12        +0
   27        +0
   34        +0
   30        +0
   25        +0
    9        +0
   10        +0
    4        +0
   13        +0 -- number 13 repeated
    3       +35 -- but obviously this profit isn't warranted

I'll look into it...

Bayes

Ok, I've found the bug. Apologies to all, especially XXVV.  :-[

The culprit was in line 28 (see code above). The INSTR() function looks at the list of numbers which have hit twice and if the current spin is in that list it means a win. In the sequence posted above, no. 13 had hit twice, but INSTR() saw the final "3" as "in" the no. 13 and so recorded a win. The solution was to add a space before each number, so that " 3 " is no longer a subset of " 13 ".

Unfortunately, re-running the code resulted in an overall loss. Amazing how much difference that missing space made to the results! oh well, that's programming for you.  :stress:

However, I still need to modify the code so that it implements the actual system which XXVV had in mind. So watch this space...

Albalaha

XXVV's WF3 is nothing else but a variation on my finest method (I asked to limit upto 4 numbers and he modified it to 3). It is an interesting way to play and earns well when positive variance strikes but it has no edge in itself to be called a "winner".
            It is just a way to play the hottest number/s of the moment.
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

Art Jay

Aimlessly playing spin after spin until you are in the negative makes no sense. Even Charlie scammer
  said If we hit a losing streak and get to plus 3 we stop. Anything that you play goes up and down and if
  learn to leave while ahead you will eventually stop losing. That being said one must still find a method
  that gets you consistently in the positive. Could this be it ??? ??? ???
                  Happy hunting
                                                Art Jay

Turner

Keep going XXVV. Im enjoying your stuff.
Turner

TwoCatSam

I am doing some testing on this as outlined in the first post of this thread by Bayes.  This is nothing to scoff at............
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

Xander

If you're going to mess around testing it, then at least use a computer.  Hand testing is a waste of time, since you couldn't hope to test enough spins.  Furthermore you're going to make mistakes with the hand testing.

If you're gong to test, then use live spins.  RNG spins will not work. 

Biagle

Quote from: Xander on February 13, 2014, 06:40:10 PM

If you're gong to test, then use live spins.  RNG spins will not work.

can you tell us what is the REAL diference?

Stepkevh

Believe it or not ...

RNG does work with WF3  ;)

Biagle

Quote from: Stepkevh on February 13, 2014, 06:56:44 PM
Believe it or not ...

RNG does work with WF3  ;)

maybe you want to share spreadsheet only?:)

Xander

Believe it or not ...

RNG does work with WF3  ;) -Stepkehv

NOT.   :no: There's no logical reason for it. 

Besides, I've already tested RNG in the past.  It's a waste of time.
The only reason betting the hottest number cuts the edge slightly is because of a slight bias that can exist with the dealer/wheel combination. 

Mr J

@XXVV >> Thank you very much for this method. Been reading it all, looks promising!!

Thanks again for all your hard work and also thanks to Bayes. You guys rock.  :cheer:

Ken
Without a decent bet selection and the proper roulette experience, you don't have success, you have a hobby. There is no "Auto Re-bet" button in the ACTUAL world of roulette. Its B&M or take up stamp collecting. Don't let my honesty offend you. Haters will always hate. The saddest thing in life is wasted talent. ((If you're not already a genius, don't bother with roulette. The world needs plenty of ditch diggers))

Mr J

"we all love 'a Quest'. I think we are hard wired for it and nothing beats searching, and there is never an end, because there is always more to seek" >>> BINGO, 100% correct. Find/create a decent method, then TWEAK the f**k out of it until it bleeds cash.

Ken
Without a decent bet selection and the proper roulette experience, you don't have success, you have a hobby. There is no "Auto Re-bet" button in the ACTUAL world of roulette. Its B&M or take up stamp collecting. Don't let my honesty offend you. Haters will always hate. The saddest thing in life is wasted talent. ((If you're not already a genius, don't bother with roulette. The world needs plenty of ditch diggers))

Stepkevh

Biagle,
Everyone knows that i wouldn't have a problem with sharing sheets.
But the problem is that this is a sheet that i have created for a client of me to run in his excelbot.
So obviusly i can't share this here.
BUT...
Like i said believe it or not, this WF3 really works no matter what you think Xander.
There will always be nay-sayers that don't believe that something else works because in their eyes
the only way to win with roulette is AP.
Maybe its time to get out of your own world  ???

Tell me Xander, where is the slight bias that can exist with the dealer/wheel combination on RNG ???
Just learn to think out of the box   ;D

Biagle

who wants to make group buy of sheet?