Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Rules to Help You Keep Your Winnings

Started by wannawin, April 12, 2014, 06:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannawin

Something I liked.
For educational purposes in your gambling subject learning only:

One of our most important rules to help you leave a winner is the 90% Rule. This
rule says very simply that if you are close to hitting a target profit or a daily profit,
that sometimes 90% or so is close enough.

I recall very well an acquaintance of mine who had a monster roll at a craps table.
When I walked up to the table, Joe was rolling the dice and playing with $500 chips
scattered all over the layout. By the time he sevened out, he was up over $48,000.
This is not bad considering he bought in less than an hour earlier for a grand. I
strongly urged him to come with me and take a break. I reminded him how badly he
needed this score and how good he would feel walking out with his winnings intact.
He nodded and smiled and then gave some lame excuse about wanting to bet with
just a couple of more shooters.

I had more than made my nut for that day. In fact, catching the last ten minutes of
his hot craps roll had put me way ahead. I decided to take a break in the coffee shop
and try some of the coconut cream pie, which was reputed to be the best in town.

I ran into another friend and talked for over an hour. When I came back out, Joe was
still at the same table. I walked up and noticed his pitiful little pile of green chips.
Joe gave me a lame look and continued to play. I saw him the next day and asked
him how he ended up. "Tapped out," were his words. "You didn't drop the
whole 50 grand did you?" I asked.

"It was only 48 thousand," he responded. "The reason I kept playing is
because I wanted to hit 50 thousand."

As I walked away, I wondered to myself what in the hell is the difference
between 48 thousand and 50 thousand when you are that much ahead?

I think 48 thousand should have been close enough, don't you? Any time you are
struggling to hit a target profit, are playing on a short time schedule or just start to
hear that little nagging voice somewhere in the back of your skull telling you to
watch out, you can remember Joe. He should have known that 48 grand was close
enough. Don't ever get hung up on exact amounts. If you are trying to win $50 and
hit $48, you can call it close enough and take a break. Remember, you will never go
broke by taking a break early and walking off with your profits intact.
say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.

AnabelleT

Thank you for posting this, it's so true. I've had similar experiences when playing. When I start winning I usually put an amount in my head that I want to win before I stop, and a lot of times I end up losing most of it by trying to push forward. Not always, but a lot of times I get in trouble this way. Great reminder.
:cheer:

VLS

[smiley]welcome/WELCOME.GIF[/smiley] to our community Anabelle.

You add to a very distinguished group of ladies around, both active as well as more reserved in their participation.

Have a happy stay [smiley]cxp/great.gif[/smiley]
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

esoito

A VERY BIG welcome to you, Annabelle!!
We need far more women to provide balance and insights.  :nod:

iplayforaliving

Quote from: Marshall Bing Bell on May 01, 2014, 02:42:02 AM
I also hope you turn out to be every bit the woman you appear in your avatar, as the last member who joined declaring herself female turned out to be a bloke!

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Where are your manners man?

Didn't you know she came from the other forum?

Welcome aboard Anabelle!

Nice to see/hear you're here!

I'm sorry if you find some members here "indifferent."

We have a different culture here.

Nevertheless, enjoy your stay here!  ;)
iPlayForALiving
"Make Money Anytime, Anywhere!"

Sputnik

I recognice that writing and this particular text - if i remember it correct - i think its from a Silverstone publication.

XXVV

Quote from: Sputnik on May 01, 2014, 09:16:23 AM

I recognice that writing and this particular text - if i remember it correct - i think its from a Silverstone publication.

You are correct - Martin J. Silverthorne from LV.

wannawin

I have so many things in my personal notes collected over the years. In any case: excerpt of a small amount for nonprofit educational purposes = fair use.

For peace of mind I will not give removal to posts, so do not call me wannawin the tyrant or wannawin the muffler of personal expression. Incidentally what about posting on forums without rules? It is best for posts where you know intention is rowdy. is not very smart because the same person knows what he does when he gets to post. The Moderator will chop publications to another thread.

wannawin

Quote from: iplayforaliving on May 01, 2014, 08:36:44 AMTsk. Tsk. Tsk.
Where are your manners man?
We have a different culture here.
Nevertheless, enjoy your stay here!  ;)

Anabelle welcome to this forum. Very quickly you will realize that here there are mostly gentlemen on board, with a small group of agitators present , including members walking a fine line between the two. Anyway then they have their messages crossed-out and everything goes smoothly again. I think the others had gone to other forums more relaxed.

nowun

Another good read, I must have read this somewhere else, but since applying the 90% rule it has enhanced my profit taking a lot.