Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Question about my Baccarat Simulator

Started by rbpd5015, November 10, 2014, 04:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbpd5015

Guys,

I have written a Baccarat Simulator in python. The problem I am having is the results seem to favor Player just a bit.

My Baccarat Simulator setup.

8 deck shoe

Card is then dealt and the value of that card is the amount of cards burned before first hand.

Once the shoe hits 16 cards no new hands start.

Below are my stats after 100K simulated shoes.
Baccarat Simulator Recap
Total Banker Wins - 3568819
Average Banker Wins Per Shoe - 35
Total Player Wins - 3679521
Average Player Wins Per Shoe - 36
Total Ties - 760294
Average Ties Per Shoe - 7
Banker Max Winning Streak - 20
Player Max Winning Streak - 21
Ties Max Winning Streak - 7

Seems like every time I run this sim I get roughly the same thing. Shows more Player wins then Banker?

What do you guys think?

Matt

esoito

I've never coded in Python but could the random number generator you're using be the problem?

Or would the problem disappear as things even out over a longer run of tests?

Or is what you're seeing really a problem at all? (Reality versus expectations...?)

ADulay

Quote from: rbpd5015 on November 10, 2014, 04:18:16 PM
Guys,

Below are my stats after 100K simulated shoes.
Baccarat Simulator Recap
Total Banker Wins - 3568819
Average Banker Wins Per Shoe - 35
Average Player Wins Per Shoe - 36
Total Ties - 760294
Average Ties Per Shoe - 7
Banker Max Winning Streak - 20
Player Max Winning Streak - 21
Ties Max Winning Streak - 7

Seems like every time I run this sim I get roughly the same thing. Shows more Player wins then Banker?

What do you guys think?

Matt

Matt,

Considering the parameters you mentioned at the start, it looks like there may very well be something amiss as you're showing an AVERAGE hands per shoe of 81 and based on what you've said for starting and stopping the shoe, that does seem a bit high, even for a computer generated run.

AD

sqzbox

I would suggest something wrong somewhere. You should get the expected B/P percentages. Plus, the sum of your averages isn't totalling right either.  There can only be B,P,T right - so the averages of each should total the average hands. This could be accumulated rounding errors if you are doing it per shoe, or perhaps some other arithmetical error. You'll need to take it apart and analyse exactly how it is working. How do you generate your random numbers, what is the nature of that particular method, and so on. Random number generators can be notoriously bad - such as the default one that comes with excel - wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

Albalaha

QuoteTotal Banker Wins - 3568819

Total Ties - 760294

Total should be 8008634. While yours is slightly different. Further, In such long span, with correct drawing rules, Player can never override Banker in terms of more wins. There is some fault in your simulation. You can use this 100k simulated shoes here and analyse: http://albalaha.lefora.com/topic/13311083/100k-Shoes-Data-created-by-My-baccarat-Shoe-Factory#.VGVqRzSUdA4
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player