Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

In the 9 modified

Started by Buffalowizard, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalowizard

Just thought I'd add a spin on my 'in the 9' method which I will bring to this forum soon.
(thanks Chris for tips on grid code)

So in the original we had a 3x3 grid searching for repeating vertical and horizontal DS. My twist is to test using an even simpler 2x2 grid but (cheers to Chris again or the idea!) try and catch them on tw diagonal too.

So our basic grid would look like this:

[csv=,]
[/csv]

In this one we'd win on the vertical second DS 6

[csv=,]
[/csv]

In that one, you see that you'd win on the diagonal 3 DS

so the top left hand DS you note down to begin with. The second DS is the top right hand of the grid.
The second bet is for a repeat of the top left and diagonal of top right. And the third bet is horizontal of bottom left, diagonal to top left and vertical to top right. Don't worry it's easier than it sounds!

If anyone can advise a progression to manage these three bets per grid that would be great

BW

Chrisbis

Pleasure..............as always.  ;)

Buffalowizard

what's wrong with the second grid chris? It doesn't seem to be playing nicely!

Buffalowizard

This is an example of flat betting which is maybe the safest way to utilise this strategy.

You'll get more 2,3,4 grid losses in a row here than with the 3x3, but should pick up decent winnings by using the diagonal bet too.

[csv=,]
[/csv]
+3

[csv=,]
[/csv]
+4

[csv=,]
[/csv]
+9

[csv=,]
[/csv]
+3

[csv=,]
[/csv]

[csv=,]
[/csv]
+2

Chrisbis

U missed the "s" off the closing sequence..........

[csv=,]
table, comment, help!
1,why, when?
ok,ok,ok
[/csv]

Buffalowizard

Quote from: Chrisbis on June 01, 2013, 01:25:01 PM
U missed the "s" off the closing sequence..........

Lovely, cheers mate

GreatGrampa

Quote from: Buffalowizard on June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 PM
If anyone can advise a progression to manage these three bets per grid that would be great
I used to play double streets based on a 1 step, 2 step, 3 step, 4 step and 5 step ladder. Between these 5 ladders, sum of the BRs will be in the positive always :) (Signature of a DNHG huh! ). I just read the "In the 9" method from the other forum and saw that it is essentially putting these ladders in a very simple and effective way. How many ladders you would like to include will depend on the number of rows and columns in the matrix. Very well done Buffalo! Great representation and simplification of a very complex idea.

Now I thought I will share the progression that I use for this ladder method, which can effectively be applied to this matrix as well. It is what I call a "Fixed progression" as opposed to Positive, negative or risk based progressions. Here, you play a fixed set of numbers from 1 incrementally. In case of double streets, the breaking point is 11. So for a 3x3 matrix, you will play it from 1 to 8. You just need one hit in the entire matrix to be in the positive. And as the losses in ladder based play are minimum it will help to stay up in the game always. You can chose to play from 1to8 (fixed progression) irrespective of whether you lose or win, or you can stop playing one set of matrix as soon as you get a hit and proceed to the next one. Let me  know in case you need more clarity here.
Greatgrampa - Your friend and mine

Buffalowizard

Sounds like a perfect fit to this method GG
Please go on...

Chrisbis

Its "Danging" my bell also.............so continue Grampa.  8)

Chrisbis

Another version for U to thing about BW.....

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]

GreatGrampa

Quote from: Buffalowizard on June 01, 2013, 01:20:07 PM
This is an example of flat betting which is maybe the safest way to utilise this strategy

You'll get more 2,3,4 grid losses in a row here than with the 3x3, but should pick up decent winnings by using the diagonal bet too.

My two cents. If you are using a complete ladder then flat betting is the safest. But Your matrix it is a partial ladder.  So you will get swings depending on what comes in the table. There are tables where numbers change pretty late. Whether 3x3 or 2x2 will give the same expectancy.  But there are tables where they change quickly.  Here 2x2 or 3x3 will give good results.  Normally around 60-65% of the sessions will give you good results with a 3x3 matrix. The more you increase your matrix size the more opps for a hit. There is science behind it and its not random beating randomness.

As you are not using complete ladder we can use "fixed progressions". I will explain it for the 2x2 matrix you have posted here. Excluding diagonals you have 4 betting opportunities.  The fixed progression I would use is 3,2,3,4. Any one hit will get your profit.  You might decide to stop when you get a hit and play the next matrix or play fixed and see how it turns up. 

GreatGrampa

Playing fixed based on your example. 

5,3,5,1 - 0
5,6,3,3 - +12
6,6,4,3 - +18
5,6,3,1 - +6
2,4,5,6 - -6
2,2,4,4 - +24.  - some nice hits like these will take you longer and protect from complete matrix losses. 

Playing resetting matrix after a win.

5,3,5 - +7. Win. Reset matrix. 
5,6,3,3 - + 19
6,6 - + 34
5,6,3,1 - +22
2,4,5,6 - + 10
2,2 - +25

If you would like to add a diagonal, then you need to adjust your progression based on 1 diagonal or 2 diagonals you wish to play.  The key is defining the progression so that either any hit is going to send u into profit or break even or if you can't get a progression that will achieve this find one where any hit is going to get you into profit or limit your losses (play it like action numbers of JP)

To me 3x3 is a far better matrix than 2x2 if you don't wish to get into complex concepts like ladders and would like to get a better hit ratio.  To see what I am saying try entering the game from the second spin (double street 3 as first spin as opposed to double street 5)

@bufallo, will give you my progression for 3x3 when you post your method here. :)