Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

The Perfect Unit!

Started by Bally6354, May 19, 2019, 08:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bally6354

The basic component of the Perfect Unit is called the Shared Parlay. To understand what a Shared Parlay is, let's review what a regular parlay is. A regular parlay is a bet where all the winnings of the first bet are added to the second bet. For example, if we won a 3 unit bet, then the parlay bet would be a 6 unit bet. As we know though, with even chance bets, we have a 50/50 chance of winning each time. As this affects a parlay, it means that once we have won the first bet, that we will only win the second bet (the parlay attempt) on average every other time. (ie. 50/50).

How this looks in play can be summarized as +3 +6 (for a net win of +9) one time, and +3 -6 +3 +6 (for a net win of +6) the other time. So the collective profit for the two ways that we are going to achieve a successful parlay is +9 +6 = +15. This demonstrates a regular parlay.

Now our objective with a shared parlay is to (A) balance the amount won by each of the two different ways, thereby giving us more uniform results over the course of our play, (B) to increase the collective profit of the two ways, and (C) reduce our risk on unsuccessful parlay attempts. The accomplishment of these objectives thereby awarding us much more winning power overall.

If we were to re-allocate the winnings used for the second bets in the parlay attempts, we can accomplish all of our objectives at the same time!

Not possible you say? Well let's do this. Let's share 1 unit of the winnings used for the second bet in our first parlay attempt, and add it to the second bet on the second parlay attempt. Now the two ways that we are going to achieve a successful parlay can be summarized like this: +3 +5 (for a net win of +8) one time, and +3 -5 +3 +7 (for a net win of +8) the other time. What were our objectives again?

(A) balance the amount won by each of the two different ways, thereby giving us more uniform results over the course of our play. (B) to increase the collective profit of the two ways, and (C) reduce our risk on unsuccessful parlay attempts.

(A) (+8 +8) with the shared parlay versus (+9 +6) with the regular parlay....mission accomplished!
(B) +16 with the shared parlay versus +15 with the regular parlay....mission accomplished!
(C) +3 -5 = -2 and +3 -5 +3 -7 = -6 / = -8 with the shared parlay versus +3 -6 = -3 and +3 -6 +3 -6 = -6 / = -9 with the regular parlay....mission accomplished!

For anybody who thinks a 1 unit gain on 15 isn't substantial, it translates to just under a 7% increase on our winnings. Not too bad when you consider the average commission on even chance games is around 2%.

So to recap....5 unit second bets are made until one is lost. Once a 5 unit second bet is lost, a 7 unit second bet is used on the next parlay attempt. Regardless of whether the 7 unit second bet is won or lost, the cycle returns to a 5 unit second bet when the next parlay attempt comes up. Obviously, neither a 5 or 7 unit second bet comes into play until a 3 unit bet is first won preceding it.

This Shared Parlay is the first part of the Perfect Unit bet. I will type up the second part in the next post.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

Bally6354

1st Part:

W3 W5
OR
W3 W7

then

2nd Part:

W4
L4 W3 W5
L4 W3 L5  W3 W7

So you will already recognize the 1st part as being a successful shared parlay. The 2nd part appears a lot like a shared parlay because of the possibility of a 5 and/or 7 unit bet. However, it is not treated entirely the same.

Naturally, if you win the 4 unit bet, the series (won) starts over. If the 4 unit bet is lost though, then the next bet is 3 units. If lost, the series (lost), starts over. If won, the next bet is 5 units. If the 5 unit bet is won, the series (won), starts over. If lost, the next bet is 3 unit. If the 3 unit bet is lost, the series (lost), starts over. If won, the final bet for the series is 7 units. The win/loss disposition of the series is then decided with this 7 unit bet.

The reason that the 2nd part is not like the 1st part (besides the 4 unit bet) is that (a) that the 2nd part doesn't cycle itself and (b) it doesn't affect the cycle of the 1st part. In other words, every time that you start a new series, you begin with the 3 unit first bet, and a 5 unit second bet. This clean start with the cycle allows each new series the beginning order of a 5 unit, then 7 unit bet respectively.

So let's look at some decisions to demonstrate.

1. -3 +3 -5 +3 +7 -4 +3 +5
2. -3 -3 +3 +5 -4 -3
3. -3 -3 +3 -5 +3 +7 +4
4. +3 -5 -3 +3 -7 +3 -5 -3 +3 +7 -4 +3 -5 +3 +7
5. +3 -5 +3 +7 -4 -3
6. -3 -3 +3 -5 -3 -3 -3 +3 +7 -4 +3 -5 +3 +7
7. -3 -3 +3 +5 -4 -3
8. -3 -3 -3 +3 +5 -4 +3 +5
9. -3 -3 -3 -3 +3 +5 +4
10. + 3 -5 +3 +7 -4 +3 -5 +3 -7
11. +3 +5 -4 +3 -5 -3
12. +3 -5 -3 -3 +3 +7 +4

Bets won 49
Bets lost 50
Units won 9

So this is purely an up as you win progression (bets are only increased after wins) It's easy to learn and easy to play. Just follow the examples.

cheers

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

ozon

Big thanks Bally
I have to understand it well, but it looks really good.

james

Thanks Bally for the win progression. The progression depends on parlays. If you get W,L,W,L,W,L and so on your progression will perform worse than flat betting. Flat betting you are 0 units.
Progression will be 3,-5,3,-7,3,-5. Net -8 units.

Bally6354

Thanks Ozon!

James, the Perfect Unit is part of Craig Greiner's set of progressions.
I have pretty much covered them all now in my blog. They include the Mongoose, Bricklayer's Wall and the Boxer. All up as you win progressions. Based on some of the reviews I have read around the internet, people who say they have studied them / used them / modified them claim they are more robust than some of the more traditional classic progressions.

I prefer the G3M1 myself and think Koetsch's material in general is more down to earth than Greiner's.

Your WLWLWL scenario with the G3M1 allows you to keep picking up 1 unit with the martingale element stacked on the end should you keep encountering WLW.

cheers

Johno-Egalite

Hi Bally

Can you either link me up or explain the " Bricklayer's Wall" progression, thanks.

Another board member has recently made reference to it, so would like to know what it is

Ta

Scrub that, as soon as I submitted, it I spotted it in your blog.
Maths is great like that.  Once it's been proven that no method exists to do what you claim, it's not necessary to go through the details of your system to prove that it doesn't work.  You claim that it does something which can be proven impossible, therefore your claim is false. The details don't matter.  I use the names Junket, Junket King, Lugi, Mark Teruya, Rolex, Relex, Rolex Watch, Mark, Eaglite, JohnO & More depending on what day it is and whom I am attempting to be!

Bally6354

Hello Johno

I will post up some game examples in the Bricklayer's wall thread along with the author's summary.

cheers

Bhumibol

Quote from: Bally6354 on May 22, 2019, 06:07:09 PM
Hello Johno

I will post up some game examples in the Bricklayer's wall thread along with the author's summary.

cheers

Thank you, Bally. What I do not understand is after winning the base bet, you are supposed to make a bet from right to left or from C to A as outlined on the chart. It goes like this:

So I won the 2 units>next I bet 4 units, right? If win, bet 2- if lose, stay on 4nits until win again and then move to the next step, in this case, bet 6?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers!!

Bally6354

Hello Bhumibol

First bet is 2 units. After winning the initial bet, you then jump up a row and the bets then proceed from left to right (a to c) on a loss and from right to left on a win should you need to do so.
So the next row after the initial 2 unit bet is 2 2 4.
First bet would be the 2a. If you win this bet, you would then jump up to the next row which is 2 4 4.
Your first bet in this row would be the 2a. If you lost the first 2a bet in the previous row, your next bet would be the 2b.

The examples on the other thread go through some winning and losing situations and pretty much explain things.

Hope it helps.

cheers

Bhumibol

Quote from: Bally6354 on May 22, 2019, 06:47:11 PM
Hello Bhumibol

First bet is 2 units. After winning the initial bet, you then jump up a row and the bets then proceed from left to right (a to c) on a loss and from right to left on a win should you need to do so.
So the next row after the initial 2 unit bet is 2 2 4.
First bet would be the 2a. If you win this bet, you would then jump up to the next row which is 2 4 4.
Your first bet in this row would be the 2a. If you lost the first 2a bet in the previous row, your next bet would be the 2b.

The examples on the other thread go through some winning and losing situations and pretty much explain things.

Hope it helps.

cheers

Bally:

Thank you very much for the clarification, and thank you for your prompt reply.

Regards,
Bh