Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Rugby League World Cup Semi-Final....Poms vs Kiwis.

Started by Bally6354, November 23, 2013, 12:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bally6354

The action hots up today in the first Semi-Final at Wembley Stadium.

I think New Zealand have a great opportunity to book their place in the Final at the expense of England and face Australia who should beat Fiji later on with the minimum of fuss.

The Kiwis look the in-form team to me, in this comp and have superstars across the park.

Most of their players compete in the Australian NRL.

Quite a few of them (Sonny Bill-Williams, Jared Warrea-Hargreaves and Roger Tuivasa-Shek) play for the Sydney Roosters who have just won the Premiership back in October. Throw in Foran from Manly and the Bunnies hooker Isaac Luke and you are looking at a strong classy outfit.

I watched England against France in the Quarter Final last week and they dissapointed me. They looked slow and pedestrian in attack and I am not convinced they have the intensity in defence to stop the Kiwis scoring 4-5 tries.

Looking at the betting....

Ladbrokes are going 10/11 giving England a 6 point start. (This equals a converted try)

Alternatively.....you can get 4/9 on a Kiwi Win in 80 minutes.

I am going down the handicap route.

This IMO is one of those 5* betting opportunities that does not come around too often.

As they say in the trade......Fill yer boots!  :cheer:

cheers
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

Bally6354

New Zealand 20  defeated England 18.

What a bruising encounter that was!

England did themselves proud putting up a very bold show. The game was decided in the last minute by England giving away a silly penalty leading to a Kiwi try.

Fair play to the Kiwis and good luck to them in the Final.

Going down the handicap route lost me a few sheckles.

I should not jinx my bet.

[smiley]aes/cry.png[/smiley][smiley]aes/cry.png[/smiley][smiley]aes/cry.png[/smiley]

I did get it back however on a quick game of live roulette!   :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.