Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Finding the Grail

Started by Leapyfrog, July 21, 2014, 04:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leapyfrog

Beat the wheel,

There are two ways in which you need to think if you need to get a HG or if you need to lead someone closer to HG.

Find an edge -This is through bet selection. This is the simplistic and agreeable way to find a HG but very complicated to find an edge.  Edge could be obtained either through causes which are physical or mathematical. It is questionable whether such an edge could be found, but if you are after HG then nothing should be ruled out as the world is full of possibilities.

Progression - If you need to find one, and if you are relying on this to beat every possible LW combination, it is a humongous task. Just doing 3-4 sets of LW will not help. It is easy to say that i have got 240 wins and 260 losses in flat betting of ECs and hence with a good progression i will be able to win such a bet selection. Reality is no. Unless your progression is able to address long losing streaks and streaks with less distribution of two or more wins in a row, you are defining a progression for failure. You could define stop losses and address variances, but it will take you no where.

I am from the section that believes in creating an edge to find a HG and to find that edge mathematically. So all these concepts around clump theory etc interests me. If you ask in a thread how to solve a LW with a progression, while the subject is explaining how to create an edge, you are not going to reach anywhere. It is as if going into a jewellery store asking for nails. He is not going to help.
Giant leap is formed of baby steps.

VLS

Good post LF, the bet selection part is a must :thumbsup:

I've heard of some people saying with any selection you can win IF your progression is clever enough... I -on the other hand- would recommend to focus as much in the bet selection as possible :nod:

Thanks for taking the time to share your post.
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor