Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Star progression

Started by ignatus, January 01, 2013, 03:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignatus

I'm thinking about the star progression mentioned. 1,2,3,5,8 Stop (two wins in a row, then reset, if blackjack reset at once.) That's how I understood the star progression? Anyone tried this?

I used a strategy card when playing. I never lost playing blackjack with real money. I think the star progression is very clever.

Phishalot

What makes the Star System so strong is the the pre-progresssion. With the pre-progression 60 to 70% of your games are decided before you have to get into the star progression itself.

I have attached a PDF of the system as it was given to me.

I use this system on Craps, Roulette, and Baccarat. The lower the house edge the better it works.

The only draw back to the system I have found is you need 200 units to run it correctly. I have used the alternate suggested 100 unit bankroll at the end of the manual and have never lost. But even if I do I have won more than three times what a loss will cost me. Every method will lose. The question on a loss are you giving back more than you have won.

A little about how I play except for when I test a new method I always play with real money. I have found that if I have results with play money, sometime I will disreguard result that seem to be rare. With real money this is not possible. I play for 10 units a day.

Hope this helps
Phishalot

Sputnik

Thanks, that was a nice pdf document ...

Ralph

This is known under different names, and a common system on commercial market.  It try to cancel  W/L a thing which always happen, if we do not change the betsize. It starts with a parlay and went on negative progressions if that fails.

I have tried it, won sometimes and lost sometimes.

Sputnik

For me its nothing new below the sun ...

ignatus

Found a another variant of this... some guy talking about the star progression and how he had made it longer. HE started with a 5u bet like this:

but adding the star progression (my modification) it would look like this:

He explained it: When win go back one step in progression...if win again reset to 1u bet.

Depending on table-limits on blackjack, this progression may work?

Matt

I know there are a few people on this forum that use the star system as their bread and butter.
I have unfortunately  injured myself and will be off work for a month or so with not much to do and am contemplating playing the star system with my betselection at online live dealer baccarat.
Can I ask people who are long time users of this system a few questions:

What variation of star do you use?
What bankroll is required?
What is average drawdown and largest drawdown?
How often will it bust?
What are the average win units per shoe or number of shoes?
What $ value do you reccomend as base bet to make it worth the while?
Thanks

Denzie

I wouldn't use that. But feel free to try.

Matt

Hi Denzie
Why is that?
Have you had some experience using the star progression?

Denzie

Why?  I've tried many progressions but at the end my results aren't that good. For me: flat or positive progression only.

Star works but on a bust it's a long way back ..and what if your luck isn't there or Murphy sits next to you and lose 2 in a row? But hey everyone his choice of course.

Matt

Yeh i understand what youre saying. My usual baccarat play consists of a mixture of mild negative progression and positive progression, though I have heard many people talk about the star progression and am interested to see how it compares.