Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

'Gamble to win: Roulette' by R.D. Ellison

Started by Bally6354, November 24, 2013, 02:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bally6354

Hello

This could be a great area where we share info on gambling related material.

My favourite game is Roulette and I have many books on the subject. So I will attempt to re-read them all and share some info.

I make an effort to try and re-invest some of my roulette winnings into books that I think look interesting. Many people do something similar in all areas of life....like taking that P.C. course to improve your skills and job prospects. So why should our gambling enterprises be any different.

One thing I am not looking for in a roulette book is the 'holy grail'. I would be constantly dissapointed if that was the case. What I am looking for is to hopefully learn one little piece of info that I can add to what I already know or maybe get an idea or two that can spark some creative thinking.

So on with the show.....

The first book I am going to review is 'Gamble to win: Roulette' by R.D. Ellison.

I just received it yesterday and I am almost finished. I have known about this book for several years and the claims by the author of a 7% edge over a 00 wheel. It has kind of had mixed reviews on the various forums.

The centrepiece of the book is the 3Q/A reverse method. I will need to explain this in my own words so as not to infringe on any copyright. Thankfully it is not a complicated method and I was surprised by the simplicity of it. I thought it might be much more complicated than what it is.

I will run some tests and come back and explain the idea with my results and we can see if it holds up to tha author's claims. I am not holding my breathe to be honest...but hey, you never know!

cheers
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

Bally6354

This is my interpretation of the method...

You will have 2 groups of numbers. Let's call them A and B.

A = The 1-6 sixline and the 31-36 sixline.

B = The 10,11,13,14 quad, the 17,18,20,21 quad and the 25,26,28,29 quad.

Now what you need to do is go up to the marquee and look at the last 5 numbers.

3 (the last number)

Put in either the A or B marking where appropriate.....

11  B
33  A
3    A

Now you look to see if either the A or B is dominant.

In this case the A is dominant with a ratio of 2:1.

So you will play the opposite of the dominant (which was A) and play B.

However you will not start playing for B until you see another appearance of the B.

When B does make another appearance...play it for 3 spins.

Quit on a win or quit after 3 losses.

Let's see what happens...

11   B
33   A
3     A  (B is the qualifier)
--
11   B (This triggers the bet)
32   L
35   L
30   L (Stop here after 3 losses)

What you would do now is wait for another B to qualify and this re-triggers the bet for a further 3 spins.

28   B (This re-triggers the bet)
28   W (Stop here on a win)

What you do now is move to a new table and start the whole process again.

Like I said, it's not that complicated. There are a few extra rules that I will add in the next post.

cheers
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

Jarabo002

Thanks Bally[smiley]aes/thumb.png[/smiley]

Please, tell us more. 8)
Uno de Badajoz que pasaba por aquĆ­.

weddings

any reason why he choose those selections at A and B? Also will it be the same selection for european roulette?

Bally6354

Quote from: weddings on November 24, 2013, 03:46:04 PM
any reason why he choose those selections at A and B? Also will it be the same selection for european roulette?

Hello weddings

No! There is no reason given for the selections.

Yes! It applies to both single 0 and 00 roulette.

The few extra rules to throw into the mix are as follows.....

Let's say you don't have either a dominant A or B after 5 spins...

Then continue to note the results and when either A or B wins for the first time...Then that qualifies the other one. (remember to wait for the trigger)

Here is the other important rule and which leads to a table not qualifying....

The A or B that you are going to bet on must NOT have come up in two consecutive spins during the qualification process.

and the last one.....

Let's say the 5th spin in the qualification process is the B and that's what you are going to bet on (B) If it did not also appear on the previous spin, you do not need to wait for another B as the trigger. Start betting on the B now.

That's it guys!

I am away to test it now.

cheers

Bally6354

Here are a few example games:

Felix02721

Played this a few times, doesn't win all that much. A better bet for the 0/00 wheel is 5 on the 1/4 line, 10 on the second dozen, and another 5 on the 31/34 line. Wins about every other spin, good for the up and pull players.  Look at the numbers on the wheel, you'll see what I mean.

Number Six

I like this section, I'm sure it could help to filter out real material from useless literature, and I am more than sure that this book belongs in the latter category. In fact, probably many about "gambling" do, since they are not educational.

And about this particular bet; at what point does a mindless claim like a 7% edge become false advertising? It's just another system to be played for fun at one's own risk. In fact, claiming a 7% edge with this bet is criminal.

TwoCatSam

I own this book and have studied it quite a bit.

By the way, it is for the 00 wheel only.  I can show you that in the book.  It's in the letters at the end.

As to the bet, it does seem to win a vast majority of the times, but it does lose enough to make me question the 7% statement.  And that was on some book by some other author.  But he did do it on the Zuma, I remember.

The "hit and run" factor is what puts me off.  If the bet is good, it will be good all day today and up until next Tuesday!  You do not have to swoop in like an eagle on a fish.  Just play until you are tired.

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

Bally6354

Quote from: TwoCatSam on November 24, 2013, 09:50:51 PM

By the way, it is for the 00 wheel only.  I can show you that in the book.  It's in the letters at the end.

What page is that on Sam?

On page 228 where he talks about the 'Business plan'....

He mentions gathering data for both the European and American wheel.

''Then, you need to gather table data from the roulette version  (European vs. American) you expect to play.''

This suggests it is playable on both.

cheers

p.s. Just thinking about it and not having a go at you Sam....but it would be ridicuous for him to suggest the method is only suitable for 00. If anything....he should be imploring players to look for the single 0 wheel when playing this. His 7% might hold up a bit longer. [smiley]aes/wink.png[/smiley]

TwoCatSam

Bally

Today, in Oklahoma, it's colder than a witch's patootie!!  The book is not in the house.  I will find it tomorrow and get you page and paragraph.

Could it be he updated the book?

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

Bally6354

Sam, I am pretty certain he did update the book unless I am thinking of Lee Tutor's book, lol.

Anyway....I tested 1000 spins at Spielbank Wiesbaden on a single 0 wheel and it's up 60 units.

What I did was just go across the card using the first 20 spins from each column.

I was impressed by the winning streaks it threw up.  There were several days where it won or broke even on all 12/15 games.

Where it breaks down is when you get the double loss (6 units) in a game and the other games start winning on the third spin meaning you break even.

Remember....Ellison is claiming a flat bet advantage, so I am not using any kind of progression and I think that would be too dangerous anyhow when those double losses clump which they have a tendency to do.

I will test it some more today and see what happens!

cheers

Bally6354

Here is a screenshot of how I am testing it.

[attachimg=1]

One thing I noticed....

In this game, A has appeared twice and B once. So you would be betting for B after the next B trigger.

However A is the dominant one and it appears in 7 of the next 8 spins after the 5 spin qualification process. I don't like betting against what the wheel is throwing up and Ellison kind of contradicts himself because he talks earlier on the book about not going against the wheel.  :footinmouth:

p.s.

In the pic above....

Orange = A
Green = B

The circled number starts the attack.

This attack went to the second game and resulted in a loss of 3 units.

Bally6354

I decided to run this day on a bit more because it shows a lot of the rules in operation.

[attachimg=1]

Game 1. = -3.

Game 2. Does not qualify hence the X. (The A has come out consecutively)

Game 3. It's 2 each and then A appears. Play B. = +6.

Game 4. = -3.

Game 5. = +2.

Game 6. = +3.

Game 7. I made a mistake. It does qualify and you would play B after the 20. = +6.

Bally6354

I ran it on to the finish!

[attachimg=1]

Game 8. = +3.

Game 9. = break even.

Game 10. = +3.

Game 11. = +2.

Game 12. = +6.

Total = 11 games played from 12 (1 not qualified)  +25.

cheers [smiley]aes/beer.png[/smiley]