Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Streaking D'Alembert Progression

Started by Colbster, January 04, 2014, 03:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colbster

Just about everyone on this board is aware of the D'Alembert, which starts at 1 unit and increases by 1 after a loss and decreases by 1 after a win.  The theory is that if you lose at 1, lose at 2, win at 3 and then win at 2, you will have won 1 unit for each win that you have had (the 3 won offsets the 2 lost and the 2 won offsets the 1 lost).  Anyone who has taken it for a spin knows that the streaky nature of roulette can turn against us quickly, with a series of losses taking our drawdown to steep levels quickly.  However, we know that a balanced number of wins and losses gives us a bunch of +1 wins equal to the total number of our wins for the session, with the wins at high points to offset the lower losses.

It is great that the +9 offsets the -8 and the +8 offsets the -7.  What is even better is when a +9 offsets the -8 and +9 also offsets the -7.  If a win on a D'Alembert is always at a recent high-water mark, so is a streak of wins back to back.

What I am doing with this progression is moving up on a loss like the typical D'Alembert.  If I get a win, rather than dropping a unit down, I repeat my bet.  If I lose, it is a wash and I repeat again at the same level.  However, if I get a string of wins, I let them continue winning at this high level for as long as the wins come.  I stop betting only after my first loss.  For instance, if I am at level 9 and I hit a string of 5 wins and then a loss, I have effectively won 9 units a net of 4 times.  This is +9 against -8, -7, -6, and -5, meaning that I have netted +1, +2, +3, and +4, or a total of +10 instead of the usual +4.  At this point, I will reduce my betting level by the net wins (4), meaning in the example I would begin betting again at level 5.  If I lose again, I move up to 6.  If I win at 5, I repeat again as before and look for another profitable streak.

Variation:

What you will notice is that a series of chops is nothing more than a wash in this method.  In the typical D'Alembert, each chop is a +1 unit for your bankroll, such as +9 -8 +9 -8 +9 -8.  The same can be accomplished with this method by decreasing after the first win and then holding at the next level down for the remainder of the streak.

Tomla

I kinda like this idea its less risky than adding on all of the time or the traditional