Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Dozen Repeater III

Started by ignatus, December 29, 2014, 05:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLaw

I stopped testing for two main reasons  :

1) Wait time between bets.......sometimes 10+ spins at a time

2) Saw the progression get out of control very quickly

Perhaps a more conservative progression could save this, but the lack of betting opportunities means it will always be flawed.

Ignatus has several other methods that use "rare events" to create profit or loss very quickly. Approaching it from a mm standpoint, those methods would be more effective and efficient using a 2 out of 3 games won strategy.

Having said that..........method still looks pretty solid with a large bankroll for each session, and time to wait it out. My worst was as high as +20 units bet, so a safe session bankroll would need to be 1000 units in my opinion. Keep in mind that in my last test it went downhill for over 100 spins.........so 2+hrs at a table waiting for recovery.

Tomla

it's a pretty decent system and works even better on columns
have fun

mogul397

Quote from: TheLaw on July 02, 2016, 01:44:28 PM
I stopped testing for two main reasons  :

1) Wait time between bets.......sometimes 10+ spins at a time

2) Saw the progression get out of control very quickly

Perhaps a more conservative progression could save this, but the lack of betting opportunities means it will always be flawed.

Ignatus has several other methods that use "rare events" to create profit or loss very quickly. Approaching it from a mm standpoint, those methods would be more effective and efficient using a 2 out of 3 games won strategy.

Having said that..........method still looks pretty solid with a large bankroll for each session, and time to wait it out. My worst was as high as +20 units bet, so a safe session bankroll would need to be 1000 units in my opinion. Keep in mind that in my last test it went downhill for over 100 spins.........so 2+hrs at a table waiting for recovery.

Well your results are interesting. But so are mine.  I'm glad you dredged out the
results that you did. To me, it always seemed curious about Ignatus, that all he posted was
charts.  Pretty good drawdowns. But in some peoples mind, there is no meat on the bone or
skin in the game.

That's what you added. But I don't see a reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Did you look at my latest (actual) run?  Tells the same thing.  Way more doubles than
greater than.  I think it still has hope. All my results actually win, flat betting. And when
you play both you get better amounts of spins.

Basically your work seein up to 20 units bet confirms what I have been thinking.

I'd like a forthright answer from Ignatius about how it was actually working.

Keep plugging. Don't shut your mind of to

a) betting for doubles and
b) possibly switching sides.

B is a general concept that I think could be useful.

mogul397

Quote from: Tomla on July 02, 2016, 04:34:33 PM
it's a pretty decent system and works even better on columns
have fun

What has your playing experience been with it?  Doesn't take long
to generate a long list of losses looking for triples.

What is it about columns that might make it better?

More is needed than a general comment.  We did tests and work on this.
And it's the way of people who post opinions with no work that make
threads stop

TheLaw

Quote from: mogul397 on July 02, 2016, 07:32:56 PM
Well your results are interesting. But so are mine.  I'm glad you dredged out the
results that you did. To me, it always seemed curious about Ignatus, that all he posted was
charts.  Pretty good drawdowns. But in some peoples mind, there is no meat on the bone or
skin in the game.

That's what you added. But I don't see a reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Did you look at my latest (actual) run?  Tells the same thing.  Way more doubles than
greater than.  I think it still has hope. All my results actually win, flat betting. And when
you play both you get better amounts of spins.

Basically your work seein up to 20 units bet confirms what I have been thinking.

I'd like a forthright answer from Ignatius about how it was actually working.

Keep plugging. Don't shut your mind of to

a) betting for doubles and
b) possibly switching sides.

B is a general concept that I think could be useful.

I think that Ignatus just enjoys the thrill of the hunt.

Betting against 2 turning to 3 dozens means betting 2 dozens......which does not have the same recovery ability.

Again, the pace is really what kills the method......unless we could create tons of dozen bets with different numbers.

The 2 dozen bet just seems like low-hanging fruit that would have been seen long ago.

Also interesting to note that the 2 and 3+ dozens almost rarely ever show back to back:

LLLLWWLLWLLWLLLLLWWLLLLWWWLLWLLLWLLW (W=3+/L=2)

232323232323232323232323232323232323 (2 and 3 back to back)
s  s    ss       ss s  s  ss     s  ss     s      s      ss (where 2 and 3 back to back occur)

Tomla

being called the thread stopper by the thread killer is quite an honor Mogul----thanks

mogul397

Quote from: Tomla on July 02, 2016, 08:16:05 PM
being called the thread stopper by the thread killer is quite an honor Mogul----thanks

Didn't hand that title out yet.

Just referring to the methodology.  "street behavior".
Not roulette street.  Don't waste my time.  If my title
precedes me, then you should just go. Not talk in riddles.

Or stay and talk about roulette.

mogul397

Quote from: TheLaw on July 02, 2016, 08:01:27 PM
I think that Ignatus just enjoys the thrill of the hunt.

Betting against 2 turning to 3 dozens means betting 2 dozens......which does not have the same recovery ability.

Again, the pace is really what kills the method......unless we could create tons of dozen bets with different numbers.

The 2 dozen bet just seems like low-hanging fruit that would have been seen long ago.

Also interesting to note that the 2 and 3+ dozens almost rarely ever show back to back:

LLLLWWLLWLLWLLLLLWWLLLLWWWLLWLLLWLLW (W=3+/L=2)

232323232323232323232323232323232323 (2 and 3 back to back)
s  s    ss       ss s  s  ss     s  ss     s      s      ss (where 2 and 3 back to back occur)

The low hanging fruit was addressed as grassroots on another forum for
120 pages. And I tried for real and lost.

So I don't see any3 triples in a row. But this goes to show that anything
can happen.  All I mean is that this holds a lot more promise.

I don't see any triple 3,s in a row. OR you could play 1,3 and eat the
8 units from time to time.

You've got to do SOMETHING.  And they all are like, as you say, Ignatius
picking unlikely situations.