Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

RE: BREAK EVEN

Started by VLS, July 12, 2013, 02:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLS

Breaking even is very important for the savvy player.

It is inherent in every player to make the goal to have as much WON sessions as possible, but if not attainable in a certain day then BREAKING EVEN is the best stopping point.

Think of the bigger picture.

You didn't lose, so there's no negative impact in your session-to-session scorecard nor in your pocket. Your units are safe with you for a new battle.

Remember: in the monthly balance there's no difference between a unit won and a unit saved.
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

Priyanka

Hmm! Nice thought. Actually, eventhough no one adviced me, I have been pondering with the thought of range play in stead of predefined gain points and stop losses.

Essentially, what I do here is fix a range between which I will be playing. If I reach either the positive or negative boundaries of that range I quit, rather than aiming for a fixed positive point or stoploss or break even. I briefly discussed this in one of Chris's mud slinging proposal as well :)

Eg: You decide you are going to play for a range of 100units. Lets assume you start with 100 units, you go up and down this 100 units as you play. But at any point in time the difference between the high point and the low point in this graph reaches 100units you end the session.

Still toying with the idea to make it more strong, but just the initial thoughts. Thought would mention as you touched upon a similar topic. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated :)

VLS

Hello Pri, what you're talking about is known as Maximum Drawdown play. A smart way to bet with methods who tend to go in long streaks -be it positive or negative.

With it, any unit won is used to thwart losses automatically. i.e. if you bankroll is 100 and you won +25, you can only lose -75 as maximum for the session.

It is a good way with the right bet [smiley]pidgin/pidginthumbsup.gif[/smiley]. No harm in testing it [smiley]pidgin/pidginsmile.gif[/smiley]
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor