Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

TwoCat Clues to finding the "Holy Schmoly"....

Started by TwoCatSam, November 02, 2013, 05:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoCatSam

Two fools were arguing.  Fool number one was the shipping clerk.  He allowed as how he shipped more out than came in.  Fool number two was the receiving clerk.  He allowed as how he checked more in than the shipping clerk shipped out.

I intervened:  "Fools, it has to be equal or the warehouse would either overfill or empty!"  I was young and lived over the severe thumping I received.

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

Bally6354

Ahhh!!

I thought this was going to be a serious thread as well.

It's just your razor sharp wit!  ;)
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

AMK

TwoCatSam

While the dog must sit to howl properly, the cat can meow from any position.
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

TwoCatSam

The man who builds a gate for his heifer should not complain when she is wide and pregnant.

esoito

TwoCatSam

Man who is careless with saw soon have trouble picking nose.

Chrisbis

Man who pick nose.......has irresistible itch.......on the underside of his flat cap!!

Superman

Man who walks through swing doors with hands in pockets at airport ------ going to Bankok
There's only one way forward, follow random, don't fight with it!

Ignore a thread/topic that mentions 'stop loss', 'virtual loss' and also when a list is provided of a progression, mechanical does NOT work!

TwoCatSam

Two cows in pasture, one lying down, one standing up.  Will the cow lying down stand up before the cow standing up lies down?  Or vise-versa?

Sam

TwoCatSam

We cannot control what random does.  Neither can random!

Seriously---think about it.

Sam

esoito

On thinking about it I recalled this quote from Lauren Beukes:

"There are patterns because we try to find them. A desperate attempt at order because we can't face the terror that it might all be random."

TwoCatSam

Posshombre comes at midnight,
He's always wearing grey.
He walks along the fence row
And sets the hounds at bay.
She don't like Posshombre;
Tries to shoo the boy away.
Posshombre comes at midnight;
Posshombre's here to stay.

The possums lived under the shed.  It was warm and dry, but more importantly, there was a food source nearby.  The man put out cat food for the cat every evening and he put out way too much.   

There was danger, of course.  Sometimes they would eat for 36, maybe 37 days with no terror.  Then, the light in the house would come on and a loud noise and some possum would die. 

Posshombre was smarter than most.  He learned that he could eat his fill in peace as long as the light did not come on.  So he began a study to see if there was regularity in when the light came on......

Sam