Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

One Million Heads In a Row Entropy

Started by Xander, June 13, 2014, 03:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xander

Turner

Nice video Xander. My bookshelf comprises mostly of this kind of subject matter (if you take all the chess books out)

HansHuckebein

I really recommend the book
"Entropy Demystified: The Second Law Reduced to Plain Common Sense"by Arieh Ben-Naim.

I guess you can even find it on the www.  :)
cheers
hans

Xander

Turner

garnabby

There are instances of time reversal in quantum physics....I can name them if you wish, but for the purposes of this discussion, it is still an issue that there is still no theory for quantum gravity, in fact, gravity is eliminated, and there is still no link between big stuff theory and atomic sized stuff theory..., re: universal theory.

It amazes me that they all just carry on regardless with 2 completely incompatible theories.....but time is relevant to both

You have electrons being anywhere and everywhere at any given time, but the more join together, the more the anywhere and everywhere cancel out.

The probability of even what we consider to be a standard "tiny thing", the grain of sand being anywhere other than where it is phenomenally high. There are so many atoms in a grain of sand (around 70 million, million, million) its cancelling out makes it inert....from a quantum point of view.

And that's amazing to think we can't unify theory between an atom and a grain of sand 

A grain of sand to a quantum physicist is like the Earth compared to, well, a grain of sand !!