Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Longshots

Started by muggins, September 02, 2014, 06:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leapyfrog

Quote from: muggins on September 08, 2014, 09:16:15 AM
The problem I find is that when a losing run comes along with any system or formula the urge is always there to tinker with the formula, this more often than not has the effect of breaking it. 
Muggins - you are so right. I have seen this outside gambling as well.

Quote from: muggins on September 08, 2014, 09:16:15 AM
Go figure. :o
All i can say is requote what you said - "Long term is so much better than short term". With the pace of the world, I see every way of investing now becoming a gambling - be it house or financials or traditional gambling - everyone needs results now and right now. We often miss the big picture.
Giant leap is formed of baby steps.

muggins

No winners again yesterday.  :'(

Also no selections for today.

Leapyfrog

Muggins, Sorry to interrupt the flow of your thread. But I have to pause and say a big thank you to you for shaping the thought process and all the numerous PMs you helped answer. I have adopted your strategy and so far i have seen it working as sweet as it can. I am an absolute novice when compared to your years and years of experience, but a big thank you for sharing the strategy and approach which is a crux of your experience.

Apart from the winnings, the amount of placings i get validate this. Hope this trend continues. Look forward for your selections.

[attachimg=1]
Giant leap is formed of baby steps.

muggins

Doing well Leapyfrog, glad I was able to help.  Patience and perseverance is essential for this way of betting I found.  It helps to, like roulette have more than one method running all the time.

muggins

No selections again today.

muggins

Todays selections attached.

muggins

Sorry for delay, completely forgot about it.  Yesterdays results, not good again. :'(

Todays selection attached, yes only one today.  They are really drying up at the moment.

esoito

When winners finally arrive you'll likely get a cluster of them...(he said, optimistically!)

Joking apart, that often happens, I've noticed.

muggins

Well not even close yesterday.  :o

Maybe todays will cluster.  :))  You are right though esoito, winners do often come in clusters when you least expect them.

klw

I still believe Muggins. Keep up the good work.  :thumbsup:

esoito

For any (impatient) onlookers who are starting to think of moving on ponder this:

LONGshots are for the LONG term. 

Regardless of the selection method(s)used they never have -- and never will -- result in the same winning frequency as, say, odd-on horses.

Their long odds tell you that !

[Incidentally, as an alternative to flat bets betting-to-prices is a common strategy when following longshots.]

muggins

Quote from: esoito on September 13, 2014, 11:53:29 PM
For any (impatient) onlookers who are starting to think of moving on.

Is it OK if I become one of those thinking of moving on.  LOL, as usual when I start sharing my selections they bomb big time.  :o

Another unsuccessful day yesterday, broken record......

No selections for today either.

esoito

Hang in there, muggins!

You know it's profitable overall. So don't give up.  :nod:

Take heart from comments and insights by a very experienced colleague, Peter:

http://www.racerate.com/YOUR_Racing_System.htm

All his thoughtful articles contain gems.

peleus

I guess keep doing whatever works for you. Just make sure to know when there will be huge changes that could affect it.

muggins

I don't give up that easily, this has given me very good returns since 2012, bad runs are par for the course when picking long shots.  Considering I have been running this in Calendar year cycles is was probably not a good idea to start 2 thirds of the way though.