Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Re: RunRev discussion and more

Started by esoito, December 14, 2012, 04:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingsRoulette

Quote"The rich get richer and the poor get poorer."
Even opposite is possible if someone get to be as much educated about randomness, as you claim to be.
Nothing can perfectly beat a random session but luck. If someone claims perfection in every session, he is either a fool himself or think all to be fools.

Gizmotron

Quote from: KingsRoulette on December 14, 2012, 05:26:28 PM
Even opposite is possible if someone get to be as much educated about randomness, as you claim to be.

What's stopping you. I've put it all out there. It's a complete roadmap. You don't need to go off it and make mistakes that I did. How could it get any better than that?
"...IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO BREAK THE LAW OF AVERAGES." 

Bayes

Quote from: Gizmotron on December 14, 2012, 03:00:24 PM
Hmm, PureBasic - I should give that one a look. You never know where a true speed demon might pop up.

I spent a good bit of time looking for something cross-platform with all the features I wanted, their pricing model is pretty good with a one-off payment and free lifetime updates. The executables are very small and fast,  easy to create GUI programs with lots of features like drag n drop etc, over 1200 functions all built in and excellent debugging, context sensitive help, support for easy database programming, nice IDE and visual designer... it's got it all. The free trial is pretty generous too, you have access to everything but the code is limited to 800 lines.

Having said that, I do still use Euphoria for some roulette stuff because it has vectorized operations which can save a lot of coding.

Gizmotron

It sounds very good. I guess I'm just lazy. I cut my teeth on Director/shockwave. Moving over to MetaCard was literally a no brainer.  I just love programming in x-talk type language. Sometimes I use silly sounding variables, commands, and custom named functions to really write an out of this world line of script.

put theCatChased(aDog, upAtree, numFeet) into fishingManStory
"...IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO BREAK THE LAW OF AVERAGES."