Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Changes

Started by soxfan, April 23, 2016, 04:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soxfan

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never be able to capture better than 50% winner like the gr88888888888888one and the jimske, so I don't tinker with my bets selection. I do sometimes look at different mm/progression scheme and will now be switching from my 11 steps parlay to a 13 steps parlay. I'm doing so cuz I eyeballed my last 100 shoe and saw that I would have cut my progressions busts outs by 50 percents by by using the 13 step instead of the 11 step style I have been using. Everything is a trade off and there is less average profit to be had with the 13 step parlay but a bust is 100 unit, and with far fewer progression busts I can significantly increase my base units bet. So, I figure that my real cake average profit should increase by about 10-15 percents; and that should be plenty good enough to feed the bulldog, hey hey!

Denzie

Can you give a clear example how you play the 13 step please ?

21 Aces

I got hammered from the start last night small.  I could not buy a win hardly.  But hung in the pocket and ripped back on a big table's long dragon progression capped with a high payout bet that I called in front of my whole side of the table.  Everyone was on it as the shoe was screaming for it to come along, however it did hit at key break point of the progression. 

The point of mentioning is use your bank roll to sustain rough going.

The most important part:
I got hammered from the start last night small.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZH8zcJUH1M

Life is something you dominate if you're any good. - Tom Buchanan

soxfan

The baccarats is a serious thing, but most cats ain't serious, hey hey.

21 Aces

Quote from: soxfan on April 24, 2016, 01:22:45 AM
The baccarats is a serious thing, but most cats ain't serious, hey hey.

I have been trying to get many friends to go, but I don't think they like money.  I still talk their ear off with my session reports.   :))

One day...

greenguy

There's probably less than 20 grand in that stack.

I've spent more on breakfast with friends.

I've spent more on pizza and bar tab with strangers.

21 Aces

Quote from: greenguy on April 24, 2016, 05:28:26 AM
There's probably less than 20 grand in that stack.

I've spent more on breakfast with friends.

I've spent more on pizza and bar tab with strangers.

Your point is you think you're rich?

I think the chips look pretty.  YES PRETTY.  AND I DON'T PLAY THAT BIG YET.  SO WHAT?  ONE LOSING DAY SINCE MARCH 11TH (ACTUALLY WELL BEFORE) AND I TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.  COVERING RESIDENCE AND CAR NOTE PACE WHICH IS MORE THAN I WOULD SAY FOR MANY ON HERE.

greenguy

Quote from: 21 Aces on April 24, 2016, 08:40:25 AM
Your point is you think you're rich?

No, my point is you think you're poor.  O:-)

soxfan

Cats were askin so am gonna post up the new progression style I will start using my first session of the coming week on Monday in the am morning, hey hey.

1-1-1-1-2-3-4-6-8-11-15-20-27 units bets
3-2-1-0-2-3-3-5-5-6-7-7-8 units profits

21 Aces

Quote from: greenguy on April 24, 2016, 09:31:09 AM
No, my point is you think you're poor.  O:-)

Don't give up your day job and try to assess anything.   Your posts on the game show you know very little or you think it's some special secret.  I just see half cocked jackass comments on systems.  You're short karma now so enjoy when it slams you to the ground.

Denzie

Quote from: soxfan on April 24, 2016, 10:55:19 AM
Cats were askin so am gonna post up the new progression style I will start using my first session of the coming week on Monday in the am morning, hey hey.

1-1-1-1-2-3-4-6-8-11-15-20-27 units bets
3-2-1-0-2-3-3-5-5-6-7-7-8 units profits

Thank you.  Very much appreciated.
One more question though.  Your playing ppbbppbb.. or follow the current trend ?

soxfan

Quote from: Denzie on April 24, 2016, 11:49:35 AM
Thank you.  Very much appreciated.
One more question though.  Your playing ppbbppbb.. or follow the current trend ?

My style is "trending" for lack of the better term, but I make some subjective plays depending on circumstances, hey hey.

soxfan

Just to add, the 11 step parlay did well for me and I won about 90% of played shoe. But, this 13 step parlay style will mean far fewer progression busts, so I can win well and regular by averaging just 11-12 units profit where with the 11 step parlay style I need to capture about 30 units per winning shoe to stay ahead of things, hey hey.

james

soxfan,

The progression looks formidable. Wish you best of luck in your play.

Jimske

Quote from: soxfan on April 23, 2016, 04:15:18 AM
I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never be able to capture better than 50% winner like the gr88888888888888one and the jimske, so I don't tinker with my bets selection. I do sometimes look at different mm/progression scheme and will now be switching from my 11 steps parlay to a 13 steps parlay. I'm doing so cuz I eyeballed my last 100 shoe and saw that I would have cut my progressions busts outs by 50 percents by by using the 13 step instead of the 11 step style I have been using. Everything is a trade off and there is less average profit to be had with the 13 step parlay but a bust is 100 unit, and with far fewer progression busts I can significantly increase my base units bet. So, I figure that my real cake average profit should increase by about 10-15 percents; and that should be plenty good enough to feed the bulldog, hey hey!
I'm doubtful my 52% will change the ability to achieve more back to back than 50%.  But Gr8's 54% or greater should have some real impact.  Frankly I seriously doubt he achieving that rate over significant number of hands.

I do think the increased step might very well be worthwhile.  Soxfan knows I've experimented with this style quite a bit.  I don't have a hard number but my recollection is that majority or maybe even all the times I played this out I would have won the next step.
Quote from: soxfan on April 24, 2016, 11:58:29 AM
Just to add, the 11 step parlay did well for me and I won about 90% of played shoe. But, this 13 step parlay style will mean far fewer progression busts, so I can win well and regular by averaging just 11-12 units profit where with the 11 step parlay style I need to capture about 30 units per winning shoe to stay ahead of things, hey hey.
The 12 step parlay 1-1-1-1-2-3-4-6-8-11-15-20 is the one I used for experimenting.  The 11 step 2-2-2 . .  he referring to is more robust and wins more units per winning shoe.  So with the added 27 unit bet going to reduce average win.

There is another way to reduce escalation which I have experimented with on paper and quite a bit live.  I don't quite have the nerve to go full monty!  This has turned out pretty well for me getting between 5 and 7 units a shoe.  In a nutshell I don't always make the parlay bet.  In fact the highest I ever went was the 11 bet but didn't bet the 22 units.  I think I actually parlayed the 8 to the 16 just a couple times.  On the lower scale I didn't always parlay them either.

So I just turned the whole thing into a grind play which is what I am comfortable with.  Small bets, small wins.  I just used the w/l unit in the shoe to dictate my risk.  If I did well on one shoe I would then have more units to risk next shoe but was always careful to get out of a shoe somewhere in the second half of the shoe.  Most of you guys get the picture.... freeze the bet at a lower level; flat bet the next size instead of parlay and restart, etc.   All according to units won/lost in the current shoe.

Sure, most times I left a lot of units on the table because I would have actually won the prog somewhere if continued BUT . . . it saved me at least twice from losing 73 units. 

J