Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Baccarat vs Roulette

Started by monaco, November 07, 2012, 11:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monaco

When it comes to even chance betting, I switched from roulette to baccarat a little while ago. Changing to a lower HA game seem to make sense, plus there are more hands per hour than spins.
I've also come to appreciate the shoe-nature of baccarat, in that it offers a clear break in proceedings which can help psychologically if nothing else.

I didn't really expect to see any difference in the maths of the games, apart from a very slight advantage to Banker (Banker should win 51 out of every 100 hands due to the way the cards are dealt, but for this advantage you pay a 5% commission if it's a winning bet on Banker).

However, I've read a few mentions of the difference in results – roulette more streaky, baccarat choppier etc.. is this belief widely held? Or even provable?

Looking back over old shoes, I don't really see any difference in results between Banker/Player & Red/Black.. maybe in the long-term, the 50.7% edge for Banker shows itself clearly, but shoe to shoe, is there anything exploitable?

JohnLegend

Quote from: monaco on November 07, 2012, 11:27:04 AM
When it comes to even chance betting, I switched from roulette to baccarat a little while ago. Changing to a lower HA game seem to make sense, plus there are more hands per hour than spins.
I've also come to appreciate the shoe-nature of baccarat, in that it offers a clear break in proceedings which can help psychologically if nothing else.

I didn't really expect to see any difference in the maths of the games, apart from a very slight advantage to Banker (Banker should win 51 out of every 100 hands due to the way the cards are dealt, but for this advantage you pay a 5% commission if it's a winning bet on Banker).

However, I've read a few mentions of the difference in results – roulette more streaky, baccarat choppier etc.. is this belief widely held? Or even provable?

Looking back over old shoes, I don't really see any difference in results between Banker/Player & Red/Black.. maybe in the long-term, the 50.7% edge for Banker shows itself clearly, but shoe to shoe, is there anything exploitable?
I've never played Baccarat Monaco, but it's a game I would like to try the PATTERN BREAKER concept on. Twister tells me it plays well on this game. :thumbsup:

monaco

Give it a try John - you don't even really need to know how the draw rules work, just pick Banker or Player under the same circumstances you would pick Black or Red.

I can't think of any reason why if 1 system works on roulette, it wouldn't work on baccarat.

(Maybe I should add that's in my opinion - I know players who give creedence to how the cards fall, what beats what etc..)

Of course, a difference also is, there's just Banker/Player as opposed to R/B, H/L, O/E, so that may affect you if you move between them to recoup.

Here's a good simulator if you want to have a mess around:
http://wizardofodds.com/play/baccarat/new/

Albalaha

If you are a fan of EC betting, baccarat is faster option than roulette. Remember, house edge is same for baccarat(almost) and european roulette. European roulette has a house edge of 2.7 % and baccarat has 5% charge on all banker wins. It means almost same. However, those having access to american roulette only, baccarat is definitely better. The major difference between roulette and baccarat  is, there is nothing like 0 in baccarat, which can kill all EC bets and can badly damage a steep progression at very wrong times, in roulette.
                           Both are random games with same level of uncertainities.
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

monaco

I think there can be a perception difference regarding the house edge when playing baccarat & roulette also.

When playing baccarat, I feel the house edge is more present in my mind than roulette, due to the constant 5% commission being paid on winning Banker bets. You see the house edge at work constantly.

You could play roulette for an hour & never hit zero, & perhaps the house edge you're up against would never cross your mind.
In baccarat its never far from the surface, & it helps you to see it as a reality. 

malcop

I think the game of Baccart is much faster than Roulette, but you have to remember that, each shoe you only have between 59 - 80 hands to play depending on how many decks are being used.

So your method has to be able to produce enough betting triggers in shoe, I have used a few methods on Roulette that sometimes did not produce a betting trigger withing 100 spins, clearly that would not be suitable when playing your normal Baccarat shoes.

Sputnik

Quote from: malcop on March 21, 2013, 12:24:44 PM
I think the game of Baccart is much faster than Roulette, but you have to remember that, each shoe you only have between 59 - 80 hands to play depending on how many decks are being used.

So your method has to be able to produce enough betting triggers in shoe, I have used a few methods on Roulette that sometimes did not produce a betting trigger withing 100 spins, clearly that would not be suitable when playing your normal Baccarat shoes.

As i see it you should know what is present and jump on board.
Three bets to jump on board a trend, if you miss you are out, end of that attack ...
Keep loses small and try to hit long strings of domination and capitalize.

Easy to say and hard to do, but that is the path i am following ...

esoito

@Malcop

You used to sell baccarat systems, I recall.

Could any be resurrected on this site for members to try?

Bayes

Quote from: Albalaha on November 08, 2012, 05:54:00 AM
If you are a fan of EC betting, baccarat is faster option than roulette. Remember, house edge is same for baccarat(almost) and european roulette. European roulette has a house edge of 2.7 % and baccarat has 5% charge on all banker wins. It means almost same.

Actually, the house edge on Bacc is significantly lower than roulette; 1.06 % for banker bets and 1.24% for player bets in an 8 deck game. Even with the 5% commission on banker, it's still quite a bit better than the equivalent roulette bet because banker wins more than half the time.

There's a nice Java game at the Wiz's place - http://wizardofodds.com/play/baccarat/new/

malcop

@esoito

Funny you should say that, I have been planning to go through our old systems, and see about updating some of them, and of course I will be happy to post any of them on this site.

In the meantime have a look at this that I have been playing around with, it is my Simple Trend Catcher played with a Simple 1-2 progression.

Attached you will find a master tracking sheet, some sessions I played live dealer last night.

All you have to do is just enter B, P or T the sheet will direct you on what to place a bet on.

Thanks

malcop

esoito

wannawin

say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.