Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE APPLIED TO BETTING

Started by VLS, April 11, 2013, 09:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLS

Esoito said:

AI is "the study and design of intelligent agents, where an intelligent agent is a system that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chances of success."  [Wikipedia]

I've often wondered why AI isn't more prominent in betting software.

Is it because there are few AI coders with the necessary skills?

Or the concept is basically flawed is some way when applied to betting?

Or few have really sat down to seriously consider its potential?

Or...?
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

VLS

This is an interesting line of topic to discuss around in our bet-oriented place.

...What are your personal opinions on the topic? Where do you stand on it? Do you believe we can delegate "thinking" to a computer to make it at levels which are more accurate than our own human one?

Feel free to express! Whether you are pro or against AI  :nod:
-- Victor

VLS

"In artificial intelligence, an expert system is a computer system that emulates the decision-making ability of a human expert."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_system
-- Victor

Chrisbis

this one I suspect...................
QuoteOr few have really sat down to seriously consider its potential?

Bayes

Quote from: VLS on April 11, 2013, 09:18:04 PM
Do you believe we can delegate "thinking" to a computer to make it at levels which are more accurate than our own human one?

Isn't that basically what your "Tool" and Gizmo's "gizmo" is all about?

IMO any method can be implemented on a computer, no matter how complex. Even intuition can be coded as long as you can express how you come to your decisions even somewhat fuzzily.

VLS

Quote from: Bayes on April 11, 2013, 09:25:51 PM
Isn't that basically what your "Tool" and Gizmo's "gizmo" is all about?

Indeed. Automating the process is all it is about. (and becoming more efficient at processing of course).

A human is limited as to the amount of real-time processing "power" he can exercise in between spins. An AI agent is only limited by the amount of resources allocated to it.

A human might for instance calculate a set of 4, 5 wheel-based triggers, maybe more (I doubt realistically someone could go beyond calculating double-digit triggers right, spin after spin after spin; the more demanding the more "ground" the brain becomes to perform over spins)... an AI agent on the other hand can be aware of hundreds or thousands of triggers and make calculations (i.e. SD and others). It does make a difference in spotting where the current opportunities lie. Assuming you grant there is a timeline which can be attributed to the random stream and accept the triggers/selections have cycles of activity and inactivity, for which the bettor's work is identifying the profitable phases as accurate as possibly and "piggybacking" on them while they last. The more triggers/selections processed, the more possibilities. A human can only see (process) a small "chunk" of the actual possibilities developing at all times on the many triggers. An AI agent can see more and hence has more to grab from (and jump to) due to the many timelines derived from the triggers being tracked.

Quote from: Bayes on April 11, 2013, 09:25:51 PM
IMO any method can be implemented on a computer, no matter how complex. Even intuition can be coded as long as you can express how you come to your decisions even somewhat fuzzily.
Spot-on dear friend.

I guess in the end, all that matters is whether AI is able to deliver a better hit rate than random.

Doesn't it? :)
-- Victor

Bally6354

AI will be the way forward.

Look at how 'deep blue' defeated Gary Kasparov. I think Kasparov won the first challenge and then got beaten in the rematch by an improved version.
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

Gizmotron

Vic
QuoteI guess in the end, all that matters is whether AI is able to deliver a better hit rate than random.

Actually I'm more interested in targeted, effective, attack points. Win rates can improve during moderately effective points in a session but these are not optimal typicaly speaking.
"...IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO BREAK THE LAW OF AVERAGES."