Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Most ball games are lost - not won

Started by Pockets, September 30, 2013, 10:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pockets

Toffees and Toons
One is doing an unbeatable run in the premierships and one has an away record to boast in the last few games. A mouth watering clash. Where is your money on?

Both teams to score - Magpies have never failed to score in their last 5 outings except the one at city. With the most creative foursome of Ben, Sissoko, Marveaux and Cissé, they are expected to hit the net at least once. But having conceded the most headers this season and the dynamo Baines testing them with crosses, Everton is also expected to score. With both teams to score priced at 1.88, 10% of my bankroll goes there today.

Everton to win - Eventhough magpies have a better track record, considering the form Everton is in and considering that they are playing home, one would expect them to win with one goal difference. 5% of my bankroll goes there today at 1.66 odds.

Who will score - It is a tough one. Baines is going to be involved in a couple of them and I don't expect the Belgian duo forward to be on the goals 100%. I expect Naismith not to challenge Santon. On the other hand, the magpies have lots of creative energy at the top making it difficult to decide. No. Not this one.

Penalty - With Martinez and Pardew on the helms, I expect very few action within the box. With a 30% return on no penalties I will surely take that one with 2% of my bankroll.

In summary,
10 on both teams to score at  1.88
5 on Everton win at 1.66
2 on no penalties at 1.3

Save a drink for me.

Pockets

St. Mirren and Aberdeen
One struggling with not a single win in the last 6 home games. The other sitting pretty strong in the top half extending their unbeaten run. Not really attacking sides. Pretty boring draw considering one is trying to gain lost confidence and one is going to struggle to play the same team that commandingly won last 3 games. But such boring games bring in high odds to feast upon.

A boring draw -  A boring low scoring draw is on the cards with Lennon playing his music low to get back into the equation and save those rounds in the back. Its like six wins for the bank and am looking for a streak to break. 5% of my money on the draw and with 3.7 return on the cards, it is a value for money bet.

St. Mirren not to score - With the first choice left back in the injury list, I don't expect them to go on a full attack mode. Going by the history of cleansheets Aberdeen holds in the last few games, we should expect a bit of history to repeat. With odds placed at 2.62 it is something one should grab with both hands. I am placing 8% of my bankroll there.

In summary,
8 on Aberdeen clean sheet at 2.62
5 on a draw at 3.7.

Not many opportunities to exploit here, but I will be more than happy to see how Danny Lennon bounces back. Look out for his smiling face at the end of the match.

Pockets

Granada and Bilbao
Basques had two eventful Mondays. Will they be capable of repeating the success? Or will they hole out to the Granada Chinese wall?

No more than half time - How long can Granada prevail before they break. How long will the basques need before they find the back of the net. The outcome of the game is anyone's guess, but there is a little statistics bird that is ringing in my ears that its going to be a deadlock at half time. Barring the benzema goal within 15', the rest of the recent ones have come well into the game. 10% on half time draw at 2.24.

Ibai to score - Very strange choice. Expecting him not to warm the bench and come in around 50-70' mark to give some fresh legs to the bilbao caterpillar, considering the dense Granada play. Once he is in, he has not failed in the recent away games, whatever is the opposition. With him to score last at an odds of 9.5, I will definitely bet on him. Considering the returns, I am more than willing to put 1% on this bloke.

In summary,
10 on a halftime deadlock at 2.24
1 on Ibai to score last at 9.5

Pretty much closing game of the day and will be off to sleep post that.

Pockets

Back to 30th Sep
Very productive day. I did think that the toons were going to go without a goal at HT and got a shocker at 70' when Coloccini survived a handball appeal. But that's the game isn't it. Apart from that there were no surprises in this game and the others with respect to my bet placement. Following is where we stand at the moment.
Toffees and toons  +11
10 on both teams to score at 1.88 returned 8
5 on everton win @1.66 gave 3
2 on no penalties at 1.3 gave 0.6
St. Mirren vs Aberdeen + 5
8 on Aberdeen cleansheet lost
5 on a draw at 3.7 returned 13.5
Granada and Bilbao + 11
10 on a half time deadlock at 2.24 gave 12.4
1 on Ibai to score lost
1 day +28.9 on a 100 bankroll.

Pockets

The championship roundup – 1st October 2013

Yeovil vs Leicester - Clash between the top and bottom. Byron returning might strengthen the Glovers back who has already proven very strong in the defence department. For Leicester, Nugent is on a flow. Not expecting a goal flood, but I expect this to be a cakewalk for the foxes with Nugent finding the back of the net. 1% on Nugent scoring and 5% on foxes winning with 1% each on 1-0 and 2-0.

Charlton vs Nottingham - Another top vs bottom, but not in the true sense. Was the forest victory last week an aberration in their string of winless games? Might be, but what can you say when Davies is out of the injury problems that his side faced and Charlton getting into the injury cycle. It's not one of the games where I would go against the bookies. Infact the return from going with the bookies is not really bad considering that this is an away game for the tricky trees. Go forest go. 5% on a Forest win on a little higher than even money odds.

Leeds vs Bournemouth - String of 5 losses, but Leeds should be breathing some relief at home after a long journey on the road. Both the teams are really home sick. Their last head to head clash goes back to 5 years, but whites came out with a 2 goal difference on both the matches. The cherries did fight back in the last match but it did not match the heroics they showed against middlesborough. I am putting my money on Leeds to break the streak and show what they are against an inconsistent Bournemouth. 5% on the whites win at even money odds.

Barnsley vs Reading - The premier league dropouts against the potential championship dropouts. David vs Goliath isn't it. No more explanation needed. While it is doubtful to expect a goal riot like Watford, Reading win is written in stone. Good odds @2.0  will require a 10% bankroll bet to sweep some money off the market.

Birmingham vs Millwall - Millwall is on a flow in the last 3 games after a disastrous start. But Birmingham holds the dubious distinction of never losing to Millwall as far as I could recollect in my short memory space. Very tough this one. Very inconsistent this one. But one thing is for sure. The scoreboard is going to be ticking. With 30 goals in the last five games these teams have played, we should expect the goals to flow. I put my money on over 2.5 goals and it definitely deserves 5% of my bankroll @ 2.14

Doncaster vs Burnley - It's going to be close. Very close to the wire if I go by the recent form and past statistics. With Manchester loanees coming both from blue and red side playing a key role in both the sides, it will be a good game to watch. Will clarets continue surprising us or the Donny going to keep up with the momentum? I would like to go with the flow. I would like clarets to continue to surprise us. But my money is on a different line today. I don't expect either team to score in the first half. Being cautiously optimistic, I would bet on a 0-0 score until about 20 mins into the game. I am going to lay both 0-10 mins and 11-20 mins for the first goal with a view to get returns of 2% of the bank roll on each of the bet. Also with good odds on Danny Ings and Sam Vokes, I would put 1% on both expecting one to break the deadlock.

In summary,
1 on Nugent scoring @ 2.1
1 on Leicester winning 1-0 @ 10
1 on Leicester winning 2-0 @ 11.5
5 on Leicester winning @ 1.88
5 on Forest winning @ 2.1
5 on Leeds winning @ 2
10 on Reading winning @ 2.04
5 on over 2.5 goals in Birmingham vs Millwall @ 2.14
1 each on Sam and Danny @6 and 7.5
2 as a return on laying first goal within 10 mins @ 5.6 for the claret game
2 as a return on laying first goal within 20 mins @ 6.4 for the clarets game

That gives us 6 juicy games to look forward to. Going to be a very active evening.

Pockets

The champions league roundup

Basel vs Schalke – Match of the equals. But you can't expect a draw from such a juicy venture. I believe Schalke has a slight advantage considering the line-up that is going to be available and considering that they have mastered away games. So who is going to top the group table at the end of the day. An inconsistent German side or the super league toppers. Its not something that I can say for sure. But, but, how weak can a top side's defence get. Look at Schalke, opponents are having a ball and if Basel can score against Chelsea away, they can definitely score against Schalke home. And call it Voodoo, Schalke has never failed to score in an away game in the recent past. Both teams to score is where my bets are and am very confident to put 10% on it.

Chelsea vs Bucuresti – Defence prevails. After what Schalke did last time around, one would expect a top side like the blues to repeat it. But statistics say otherwise. Look at the rate and manner in which Steaua has beaten teams in the recent past. They are on a roll. But they have lost only one of the last 8 encounters at home against English clubs and they downed the blues 1-0 last year. With the little dynamo from Sampdoria consistently challenging the opposition defenders, another surprise might be on the cards. Chelsea might still hold an edge amidst all these. I expect a draw here, but my bet is on under 2.5 goals with 5% on it.

Celtic vs Barcelona – Not the fighters day. Its Celtic meeting the greatness at home. And they are meeting the parade without the king. With Messi down to a thigh injury, there is some shine off the ball, but a parade is a parade with or without the king. Expect a clear barca win and put our 5% on it.

Arsenal vs Napoli – Match of the day and I will be watching this. Two sides on a roll. Two old foes. Two world class players. An absolute dream to watch. But only one will come smiling at the end. My brain says gunners but heart goes out to the Italians. I know it's a home game but this is one of the games I will listen to my heart. I might be wrong. 5% on a Napoli win. Also, watch out for a Higauin and ramsey to be on the goals with 1% on both.

Dortmund vs Marseille – Meeting the lion at its den. The yellow wall will be intimidating for the visitors. The odds speak the story. No joy in betting a Dortmund win. But don't forget, it might be two years back, but still the French coastal town came from behind to kick Dortmund out at group stages. I expect nothing short of a miracle to deny Dortmund a win. I am settling for over 2.5 goals. Those who are interested in laying, can try their hand at the Gabonese striking sensation Aubameyang not to be on the score card. Yes, it's a strange call, but I think with him being the favourite and considering Marseille knowing him well, he will be marked heavily and might give nice returns.

Porto vs Atletico Madrid – The first look demands a Madrid win hands down in the way they have been winning matches consistently. Porto has been very unconvincing eventhough they are having an unbeaten run. But when did you last see Porto losing at home? May be Madrid was not in the same form they last met Porto, but they are clearly ahead on a head to head comparison. Both would like to get to the top of the table at the end of the day. I think we are really heading for a draw, but not a boring one with some good goals on the cards. I am reluctantly putting 5% on a draw.

Ajax vs milan – The man is returning. Manchester blues will know this better. Yes am talking about Balotelli. He will be raring to go. If a 11 year history means anything, the dutch has not won against Italians in this decade. History should repeat. But Milan has a long injury list which might work against them. I think I will confidently settle in for over 2.5 goals putting 10% at good odds.

In summary,
10% on both teams to score at Switzerland @1.62
5% on Under 2.5 goals in Romania @1.91
5% on a barca win @1.42
5% on a Napoli win @4.3
1% on Higauin to score
1% on Ramsey to score
5% on over 2.5 goals in Germany @ 1.54
5% on a draw in Portugal @3.25
10% on Over 2.5 goals @ arena boulevard @1.92

Too much at stake with more than 85% of my bankroll across the champion(ship and league) games. Am going to watch the clash of the superheroes and will be in emirates today. Have a treat everyone.

Pockets

A look back – 1st Oct 2013
Definitely not my day. Dent on the journey towards doubling the bankroll. Flurry of late goals, own goals a day to forget. But I must say I just loved the gunners game. The first half was just mesmerizing and the nemo goal topped it all.

Championship +8.5
1 on Nugent scoring @ 2.1 gave 1.1
1 on Leicester winning 1-0 @ 10 lost
1 on Leicester winning 2-0 @ 11.5 lost
5 on Leicester winning @ 1.88 gave 4.5
5 on Forest winning @ 2.1 lost
5 on Leeds winning @ 2 gave 5
10 on Reading winning @ 2.04 lost
5 on over 2.5 goals in Birmingham vs Millwall @ 2.14 gave 5.5
1 each on Sam and Danny @6 and 7.5 gave 5.5
2 as a return on laying first goal within 10 mins @ 5.6 for the claret game gave 2
2 as a return on laying first goal within 20 mins @ 6.4 for the clarets game gave 2

Champions league -32.5
10% on both teams to score at Switzerland @1.62 lost
5% on Under 2.5 goals in Romania @1.91 lost
5% on a barca win @1.42 gave 2
5% on a Napoli win @4.3 lost
1% on Higauin to score lost
1% on Ramsey to score lost
5% on over 2.5 goals in Germany @ 1.54 gave 2.7
5% on a draw in Portugal @3.25 lost
10% on Over 2.5 goals @ arena boulevard @1.92 lost

Day 2, 24 in the negative. Overall profit for 2 days a little under 5 on 100 unit bankroll.

Pockets

Champions league Wednesday- 2nd oct 2013
Shaktar vs Man U – Two teams struggling in the league. But both won their opening encounters convincingly. Shaktar has never lost to an English side at home. But, I definitely think Man U has an edge. They should be capable of playing their best players without injury concerns. I don't think David will gamble on this one. A new manager at MU has always struggled in the premier league but not outside of it. Expect a Man U win and going against the bookies will give a sweet 3. Also, the returning Van persie might have a point to prove and will definitely take a 2.25 on him.

Juventus vs Galatasaray – Mancini face tevez outside of the Manchester blues, in fact they might if Carlos is not sitting out on the injury list. With a new manager and unsettled atmosphere, it should be  a walk in the park for Juve. Odds pretty much dictate this. However, Juve's problems in the back are well documented. Considering this I would take near even odds for both teams to score with loads of confidence. Another interesting thing to note is how many times have you seen the Bianconeri play the Houdini act in the recent matches. Almost everyone except the one at Torino. So with odds at 6.5, it might be worth taking a taste of that.

Leverkusen vs Sociedad – Sociedad is struggling. To top it Xabi is likely to be out. They are going to end the bottom of the group. Given that Arraste's men have never recorded a win in German soil, and have conceded in the first half all the time with Elche finding the net within 2' last week, I expect Sociedad to win both the halves. A half time win for Leverkusen at 2.42 looks very juicy, even a full time win @1.75 looks very attractive for a conservative bettor. Another interesting aspect is both are fair play teams in general, and I expect under 4 cards. Odds @1.72 for under 4.5 cards look very generous.

Real Madrid vs Copenhagen – What can I say? Or do I need to say anything. Playing the 150th game might be the only joy for the visitors. Expect more goals. Over 3.5 priced a little over 1.6, I think I will take it.

PSG vs Benfica – Benfica are capable of surprising. I am predicting this to be a little topsy-turvy game. Neither side have failed to score in the recent past. Both teams to score at 1.8 seems a solid bet with my 10% on it.

Man C vs Bayern muenchen – Any Manchester blue fans here? Tell me when did you lose last at home? Well, I can hear a Bayern fan shouting When did we lose? The city fan answers the last time you met us at home. Very interesting conversation right. Bayern are the bookies favourites. But I am going to go for a city bet. Have you heard of EV? City gives me a great EV. At 3.4 and at home, I expect City to repay for my trust. Also, over 2.5 goals @ 1.8 seems to be good value.

In summary,
5 on Man U win @3
2 on Van persie strick @2.25
10 on Both Juve and Gala to score @1.98
2 on Juve to comeback from behind @6.5
5  on halftime for Leverkusen @2.42
5 on under 4.5cards @1.72
5 on Over 3.5 goals in Madrid @1.63
10 on both PSG and Benfica to score @1.86
5 on city win @3.4
5 on over 2.5 goals at city @1.8

I have reserved my couch for the city and Bayern game. Hope its as entertaining as today's gunners game.

Pockets

Europa league - 3rd Oct 2013
Anzhi vs Spurs – With Eto'o back in London with the blues, the Russians are really struggling to find where the goal post is. Spurs are the bookie favourites with modest returns and they have done so with an impressive display at front and back. Expect Defoe to return and score a goal or two and break the deadlock. 10 on a spurs win and 1 on Defoe to break the deadlock.

Swansea vs St.Gallen – Oh boy! Swans are on song aren't they. But St.Gallen is coming from a similar construct as well. They have not lost for sometime now and sitting pretty at the top of the league. Both have won their last European match. I think it will be safe to say both will be on the goals and odds of 1.8 deserves a fiver. With a return of 8, it will be safer to put one unit on St. Gallen win to see if they could replicate what Basel showed at Chelsea.

Trabzonspor vs. Lazio  - Another interesting game with the Romans in the Turkish territory. If Lazio can continue their current form they will be no match for the Turksih. With the odds placed 2.72, they are a giveaway. Such is my confidence that I will put a tenner on them, but am holding back after a day to forget.

Apoel vs Frankfurt – Again another game which is giving a juicy odd in favour of the favourite. At even money returns why wouldn't you put your money on Frankfurt. They are indeed holding well. I expect a final scoreline of 1-2 or better and hence going with 3 or more goals @2.12

Rubin kazan vs zulte-waregem – Very difficult to predict the match odds, eventhough it is tilted heavily in favour of Rubin considering they are playing home. Kurban's reign for more than a decade and Francky's return to the Belgian side are two different but yet fairy tales. Going by the history, I expect a Rubin win, and I expect both teams to be on the goals, but my money is on over 2.5 goals at even money returns.

In summary,
10 on Spurs win @1.54
1 on Defoe to break the deadlock 4.75
5 on both teams to score at liberty stadium @1.8
1 on St.Gallen to win @8
5 on Lazio win @2.72
5 on a Frankfurt win @2
5 on 3 or more goals at Apoel @2.12
5 on both Rubin and Zulte to be on goals at 2

There are lot more games and will do some more study this evening to see whether to spend more or not depending on how the Wednesday shapes up in Champions league.

Turner

Any Manchester blue fans here?

GUILTY!

btw....Im enjoying your posts.
Guessing you are a gooner

Pockets

Its always good to know someone is enjoying what you are writing. Thanks Turner and yes am a gooner, born and brought up. So where you at yesterday's match. I later thought I should have watched the Shaktar match. Too many mistakes.

Pockets

A look back at 2nd Oct roundup
What a day. Zlatan came back. Leverkussen bounced back. Pep showed what is perfection. Moskow came to win from behind. Moyes retained some respite.

Champions league +4.1
5 on Man U win @3 lost
2 on Van persie strick @2.25 lost
10 on Both Juve and Gala to score @1.98 gave 9
2 on Juve to comeback from behind @6.5 lost - Man, they did come back didn't they :)
5  on halftime for Leverkusen @2.42 - gave 7
5 on under 4.5cards @1.72 gave 3.5
5 on Over 3.5 goals in Madrid @1.63 gave 3
10 on both PSG and Benfica to score @1.86 lost
5 on city win @3.4 lost
5 on over 2.5 goals at city @1.8 gave 4

Day 3, managed to end positive +4.1. Overall profit for 3 days 9 units.

Pockets

Some more on today's games.
Kuban vs Valencia – One has recovered from a set of losses, one is going through that phase. Jonas is finally finding some form for after coming back from the suspension and trying to bridge the gap Soladado has created. There seems to be some link between his form and Valencia's form. They might be rubbing the wounds from the Swan bites and raring to get some points in the pocket. For all you know Nikola might be sitting in the crowd and praying Valencia to beat up the Cossacks. But the Cossacks on their side have reached this situation in a commanding manner with play-off victory over Feyenoord. A tough game on the card, but its going to be low scoring. I am expecting a half time deadlock with Jonas to score first and the game leading to a deadlock at the end.

Rijeka vs Real Betis – Betis did really surprise me last month. To be honest I didn't expect them to overcome Villareal or for that matter Valencia. But they are more of a fish happy in the water. Away games are not their comfort zone. Rijeka on the other hand is a mixed bag. You don't know what is going to come out of the bag. My bet is on Betis to lead at halftime and Jorge to score first. If you ask me one month from now when I would have doubled my bankroll, I would have also gone for a deadlock at FT.

In summary,
5 on half time deadlock @2.24
5 on under 2.5goals @1.8
1 on Jonas to score @6
5 on halftime betis lead @2.52
1 on Jorge to score first – I can't find anybody selling odds for this.

Turner

I wish id watched the shaktar match too[smiley]aes/confused.png[/smiley]

Pockets

The league story - 3rd Oct 2013
English teams did well. My selections did well. What more can I ask? I dint expect St.Gallen to lose penalty. Neither did I expect Rubin Kazan to run a riot. The absolute shocker was Lazio, they woke up too late. And betis played it too safe.

How did we do?
10 on Spurs win @1.54 +5
1 on Defoe to break the deadlock 4.75 +3.75
5 on a Frankfurt win @2 +5
5 on 3 or more goals at Apoel @2.12 +5
5 on half time deadlock for kuban @2.24 +6
5 on under 2.5goals @1.8 +4

5 on both teams to score at liberty stadium @1.8 -5
1 on St.Gallen to win @8 -1
5 on Lazio win @2.72 -5
5 on both Rubin and Zulte to be on goals at 2 -5

1 on Jonas to score @6 -1
5 on halftime betis lead @2.52 -5

Day 4 was in positive 6.75 units. Overall profit for 4 days a little under 16 (15.75)