Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Longshots

Started by muggins, September 02, 2014, 06:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muggins

Quote from: esoito on September 20, 2014, 04:50:45 AM
I could hear sighs of relief!  They'll help the deficit. More to come...  ;)

:thumbsup: I had hoped so, but alas.  :'(  A cut and paste mistake cost anyone following a winner yesterday and unfortunately a repeat of the day before was avoided, my apologies.  When editing the list yesterday prior to posting, I accidently cut the selections for the 4.25 at Ayr and didn't notice until checking results today. 

Results below:

Todays selections attached, no mistakes today. :)

muggins

Small win for the day, better than nothing:

muggins

Todays Attached.

muggins

Yesterdays results.

Todays attached.

muggins

Yesterday's results:

Today's attached.

muggins

Today's attached.

Albalaha

So, after about a month of beginning all this, what is your ROI?
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

muggins

Quote from: Albalaha on September 25, 2014, 06:26:24 AM

This thread is a month of posting, but not a month of beginning all this

As I stated in the first post I am nearing the end of the 3rd full year of running this method of selecting, which I started using midway through 2011. 

Unfortunately there are ebbs and flows with winners and September hasn't been the best of months for 2014.  May 2013 was much worse, but 2013 was still a winning year overall, almost doubling returns for 2012 and almost as good as the to date returns for 2014.  Even with the bad month of September, 2014 is ahead of 2013, but you only see the posting for the last "about a month".

The problem with most punters is that they want immediate results and are not prepared to look at long term goals.

Wait until the end of August 2015 before you judge how successful this is.  Then I will give you a ROI figure.

Leapyfrog

Quote from: Albalaha on September 25, 2014, 06:26:24 AM
Dear Albalaha,

I asked Muggins when all this started, can you please share with me the selection criteria rather than the selections in itself. His answer "NO". However he helped me in understanding certain elements of horse racing which i would not have come to know about it otherwise. He also told me that "Punting cannot be taught. One has to learn it with their own experience". It is so true.

To me the best element of this thread is the strategy. Typical betting strategy is finding the favourites on lower odds which depends heavily on getting a higher win ratio. While this might work in other sports, Horse racing is slightly different. I have been using Paddy power to bet Muggins selections and have been using betfair to do my selections based on the principles learnt. Ofcourse sometimes these selections match what muggins posts but 80-90% of times it is different from what he posts.

My basic units is 5 pounds and following is my snapshot on horse racing in betfair for the month, which is a 20% return on the initial 500. However, i also measure how much returns i have had in terms of the amount i invest. I have so far made 57 bets (57*5= 285 pounds) with a retunr of 100 pounds which gives me an ROI of 35%

[attachimg=1]

In this post earlier i had posted screenshots as well on how a typical days selections look like.

All i can say is keep up the good work Muggins.
Giant leap is formed of baby steps.

muggins

Thanks Leapyfrog, hopefully you are still doing well.

Yesterdays results and they were dire:  :o

Today's attached.

Leapyfrog

Quote from: muggins on September 26, 2014, 10:28:23 AM
Thanks Leapyfrog, hopefully you are still doing well.
Doing well muggins. Day by day i feel am learning more and more. My results from today as below. Slow and steadily building up in the hopes of replicating your success.

[attachimg=1]
Giant leap is formed of baby steps.

esoito

Strewth -- nice profits there, LF.  :thumbsup:

Obviously a bit more than 'beginner's luck' is at work!!  Well done.

muggins

Very well done Leapyfrog, really good to see.  :thumbsup:

Todays results are below:

Todays selections attached.

muggins

Results for yesterday:

Todays attached.

muggins

Yesterdays results:

Todays attached.