Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

POSTING: PARTICIPATION RATES

Started by esoito, September 25, 2017, 08:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esoito

We have some pretty interesting threads and discussions going on at the moment.

We have 2067 members. And yet, of those, only 268 have ever posted.  Just 13% are doing all the work.

In other words, 87% of the members take all and give nothing back to the forum.

We have rules intended to protect members. We have moderators who do their best to enforce those rules, so that members can feel able to post without fearing personal attacks or similar immature behaviour.

All ideas...thoughts...imaginings...research....resources... You name it -- we're interested.

So come on you 87% -- let's have some participation.  Give us all the benefit of your grey matter  ;)

greenguy

I don't believe there is anything unusual about low levels of participation rates for forums in general.

But add to that the probability that you Esoito have single handedly scared many, many posters away with your overzealous moderation, and you have a situation where you (the forum) must lie in the bed you have made.

Just my opinion, of course.

VLS

Quote from: greenguy on September 25, 2017, 12:00:35 PMI don't believe there is anything unusual about low levels of participation rates for forums in general.

Indeed, there are times where "discussion" (as a whole) slows down -or even halts- at the forums. Life comes in cycles; forums -as a part of life- come in cycles too :nod:

Quote from: greenguy on September 25, 2017, 12:00:35 PMJust my opinion, of course.

We try to be balanced with members. Please receive public apologies if you have felt it to be too harsh on you.

Also, do feel free to elaborate to your heart's content at the rules thread for the forum's reboot:

http://betselection.cc/betselection-is/betselection-is-*rules*/

We have a malleable blank slate with our site's reboot so this is a good moment for all of us to mend and actively prepare a better place for our interactions.

Thanks for participating. We're stuck together so we better treat each other with love :love:

Vic
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

esoito

Quote from: greenguy on September 25, 2017, 12:00:35 PM

Just my opinion, of course.

As you say, just your opinion.  It's hardly surprising, given that I've had to moderate you in the past -- some things can't be ignored.

Hopefully I won't have to again.  But that's up to you, of course.

After all, the vast majority of regular posters choose to abide by the simple rules, and never need to be moderated.