Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

The Star System

Started by HunchBacShrimp, July 24, 2015, 07:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8player

Quote from: HunchBacShrimp on July 28, 2015, 09:17:32 PM
There are only three things you can do with your money. Flat bet it, increase it, and decrease it. There are only just so many ways you can combine them before you exhaust all possible combinations.

HBS

Correct.

And same can be said of bet selection; all boils down to only B or P, no?  Again, how long before we "exhaust all possible combinations"?

So we separate our play....we separate OURSELVES....how?  What makes us different?  Bank or Player, Increase or Decrease, Bet or No-bet....all options, all the time, and all similar.  I face these questions just as much as the next guy.

What makes you, or I, or anyone any better than the guy sitting right next to you at the table?  Probably, in the end, not much at all.

So the difference is, after all is said and done, probably rather minute.  But, my friends, it is in that minutia.....

Rolex-Watch

Quote from: HunchBacShrimp on July 28, 2015, 08:35:18 PMI find it frustrating that you are on the offensive against the thread
I'm not offensive against the thread, more so regarding "throw up any old progression" and call it Star. There were a few recent examples from those that you would expect to have known better.

QuoteThe back end of Star is not a Fibo.
It is a Fibo progression were the next bet equals the sum of the prior two lost bets, the fact the author does not suggest regressing is a mute point. 

QuoteIf you want to discuss or introduce a variant with an actual Fibo in it, by all means let's discuss it. But if it's going too be much of a bore for you to handle then don't.
It's a bore, because most experienced veterans of the game don't use or  would promote deep progressions, I would include the likes of; Jimski, GR8, ADulay & myself in that group, can't comment on anybody else, but confident there would be many others, so
[smiley]toto/d200712191759552802.gif[/smiley]

soxfan

The progression stage of STAR is NOT the Fibonacci, it is pure double win with no regression, hey hey.

digitalwaala

Impression of Planet Proxima Centauri with New the stars, Centauri a and Centauri B - Information about  Proxima Centauri .

8OR9