Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

UK League bets

Started by Priyanka, August 15, 2013, 01:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Priyanka

Yippee! Opened a betfair account. They actually charge money for depositing? They charged me 2% for using paypal to deposit. Interesting :)

I thought, I will try getting accustomed to the site and was browsing around. Did try betting on the first match. I never heard of these club names before and went with the bookies favourite. So a good, lucky and blind start :)
[attachimg=1]

The thing that's irritating me is fractional odds. I think am better at decimals. Anyone knows of a option/setting that I can use to see decimal odds?

Now I looked at what's going to happen this weekend and read through loads and loads of material over the last 2 days. As suggested by you all, am going to risk 20% of my bankroll as a start. Giving 5% bet size, that gives me 4 matches to bet on.

I am thinking my first pick will be Reading vs Watford. Familiar towns. I have been to a couple of Reading matches last year. Going by the recent streaks, I am going to go for Watford to win at 9/5 odds.

Second one is crystal palace vs Tottenham. I am going to go against the bookies here and go for crystal palace to win or draw considering it is happening in their ground and their recent performances are good. Tottenham is kind of going through a choppy period.

Next is Liverpool vs stoke. Going to go for Liverpool or Stoke. Clueless on what to pick as the fourth one. Any feedback on selections so far and hint on fourth bet will be helpful

Bally6354

Priyanka

Wolverhampton Wanderers are playing away to Bristol City this weekend.

The last time these 2 teams met on this ground last season.... Wolves 4  Bristol City 1.

Last weeks results...

Wolves 4   Gillingham 0

Coventry 5  Bristol City 4

Both teams have been recently relegated from the Championship and start this season in League 1.

Wolverhampton Wanderers are the bookmakers favourites to win this division.

They still have many of their high earning players from last season including Doyle and Sako who are definately a cut above League 1 standard.

Wolves are 8/5 to win on Saturday which I think is a generous price. They were 5/4 to win this fixture last year and that was on the back of a bad run. They have started this season well and haved added to their ranks with a decent goalscorer in Griffifths who made an appearance for Scotland last night.

Good luck
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

BrenoGarcia

Priyanka, avoid to bet on weak teams or median. Always try to look at the games of great teams (Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd ...). Look also for alloys in the first division, second and third happens many surprises, very balance. This weekend there are many interesting games. Here's some that want to invest:

Chelsea-Hull City
Arsenal Aston VIlla x
Frankfurt-Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmun x Eintracht Braus ...
PSG x Ajaccio

Tomorrow I put more games I'm analyzing invest

Priyanka

Thanks Breno, much appreciated.

Bally6354

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Bristol City 1  [smiley]aes/money.png[/smiley]
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

Priyanka

Thanks Bally and Breno. Good weekend. My BR is up by 4.25. But this shows why a knowledge of game is important. Look at the second bet. I could have won that bet, had I placed it in the right place. I thought bookings match bet is same as w/L, only to realize it is not :)

How about backing MC against Newcastle tomm? Anyone except Turner can answer this :)

Bally6354

It was a good start to the season.

This season is going to be interesting with three new managers at the clubs most likely to lift the premier league trophy.

The people who are writing Man U off already may end up with egg on their face come next May.

Anyway, I will try and find one selection for each weekend which I think represents a bit of value.

cheers  :football:

Priyanka

Quote from: Bally6354 on August 20, 2013, 09:04:11 PM
Anyway, I will try and find one selection for each weekend which I think represents a bit of value.
Thanks Bally. I think that will really really help

peleus

Any new tips for this year yet guys?