Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Opening weekend

Started by Leapyfrog, August 13, 2014, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leapyfrog

Televisions are crying - The most watched football league in the world is back. Every street I can see posters between warring BT and sky on showing who is showing the most exciting matches. Back pages are filled with excitement around the millions exchanged in the biggest monopoly played in real time by millionaire clubs. Amidst all this, there is a fan who is waiting for the weekend excitement to commence again. 10 matches every weekend, well almost.  So what's giving me value in this opening weekend?

Not always does the promoted sides valued high in the market. Foxes are valued really high in the market and considering they won over Everton in the friendly with a solitary goal, market is just is saying so. But that leaves us with a great value for Everton to win at 2.42. It is going to be a game of experience vs speed. Pure adrenaline vs mature heads. I am backing maturity to prevail in the end and will be going for Everton to win at 2.42 and HT/FT of Everton/draw at 6.2

Then comes the lay of the week. Fresh from the community shield glory, can they sustain the momentum against the side who had a fairy tale ending last season. They might. Just. In the match against Brentford which the palace lost, I could see glimpses of what pulis is working on. New signing frazier may not start, but I doubt whether it influences the outcome in any way. Eventhough Wenger has tried filling his weaknesses, I still believe they have at least 3 or 4 games to go to shine as  a team and predict an upset. Lay Arsenal at 1.3

What fun is betting without accumulators. Opening week spreads the red carpet on a perfect accumulation for MU, Chelsea and Liverpool all to win at 2.52. This is value and if someone is not doing this then it is a betting crime. Key players coming out at Southampton against a strong Liverpool side, a struggling Swans against van Gaal inspired reds in their home ground and a promoted team against the Mourinho might. Worth taking a chance, even though the struggles of Chelsea against minnows are well documented from last season. Accumulator for all three to win at 2.52.

Have fun.
Giant leap is formed of baby steps.

greenguy

Hey Leapyfrog,

You need a blog for this!

:thumbsup:

VLS

Quote from: greenguy on August 13, 2014, 11:04:24 AM
Hey Leapyfrog,

You need a blog for this!

:thumbsup:
Do I hear wishes for a "LeapyBlog"?  :)

[attachimg=1]
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

Drazen

Quote from: Leapyfrog on August 13, 2014, 11:01:46 AM

This is value and if someone is not doing this then it is a betting crime.

This is certainly not a VALUE. In sports betting "value" on a match means something different, and for sure doesn't have anyting with accumulation.

Betting crime for me is not understanding how accumulating odds is lowering your chances to win...

But just accumulate odds to win more! That way we so called "professionals" can make enough sweaters for coming winter out of such sheeps...

But no doubt you ll have fun  :beer:

Drazen
Common sense has become so rare it should be classified as a superpower.

Leapyfrog

Quote from: Drazen on August 13, 2014, 06:21:06 PM
This is certainly not a VALUE. In sports betting "value" on a match means something different, and for sure doesn't have anyting with accumulation.
100% with you and for clarity the term value I used there is nothing to do with accumulation.
It is to do with 2.52 for all three teams to win and I would place the expectation to be around just about evens. 

Quote from: Drazen on August 13, 2014, 06:21:06 PM
Betting crime for me is not understanding how accumulating odds is lowering your chances to win...
Drazen.  Just so that I get you correctly, can you use three odds I chose and explain this if you don't mind?

Between nothing is a crime, it was just used in the context of saying that this is a wonderful opportunity to be missed. 
Giant leap is formed of baby steps.