Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

I keep coming back to basic256 as an option for beginners

Started by wannawin, October 26, 2014, 01:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannawin

Friends, I have tried several programming languages supposedly for beginners and I continue returning to Basic256.

It is a shame there are not more interested members for this language so good for beginners programming. Some other options are completely useless for roulette programming or that they say they are for beginners is a vulgar lie. Just to see the documentation tells you they do not have in mind the beginner in their programming.

I keep coming back to Basic256 because it really is a beginner oriented option. Its main site basic256.org is clear on this. It is a shame there is not a bot programmed in this language.  If roulette xtreme or rouletteplayer or whoever adds support for programming in Basic256 I predict a big hit with beginners.

There are some websites that give absurd recommendations for beginners: http://lifehacker.com/five-best-programming-languages-for-first-time-learners-1494256243 I have seen the documentations of those who many recommend and they are not designed for beginners. Only Basic256 convince me and this is why I recommend it. We need someone to create a bot for basic256 to reap big benefits. There are many more beginners to buy it than advanced programmers. Why has nobody made a bot like this? Greetings.
say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.

Dr. Mabuse

Some  believe in programming, some in flying pigs, and some  in hypnotism. Why should beginners   consider 256  ? After all they are beginners and are doing it "THEIR WAY" .

Will anyone listen  ? Heck , NO.
The Gambler

wannawin

Quote from: Dr. Mabuse on October 26, 2014, 02:41:32 PMWhy should beginners   consider 256  ? After all they are beginners and are doing it "THEIR WAY" .
People are looking for a programming language that has at least a little resemblance to the structures already known by them. The Basic language was designed with beginners in mind. This version of basic256 has this premise to start their website:

"" Introduction

BASIC-256 is an easy to use version of BASIC designed to teach anybody (especially middle and high-school students) the basics of computer programming. ""

I believe that a child-oriented language is better than any language oriented to computer science graduates in higher education for them to begin. It is my opinion and I respect you tell beginners they have it their way. The trouble is that many beginners do not investigate enough to know that there is a simpler way than the websites of the computer field or teachers at the academy recommend.

It is open to debate if they leave out of frustration. In my case I have left several programming languages ​​abandoned when I stride and simply do not find how to continue. I can only guess the same goes for others. I am but a mere apprentice in programming however I succeed in basic256 so I recommend it.
say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.

Bayes

No version of BASIC is going to be the best choice for data manipulation, although 256 looks very easy to learn. To see what I mean, post some BASIC 256 code for a reasonably complex system of your choice, and we'll compare your code with mine, using my preferred programming language.

That said, if you're happy with a language and are productive with it, I don't see any reason to switch.

Rinzler