Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

"law of averages" and the "law of large numbers"

Started by GodOfThunder, December 03, 2014, 03:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmotron

Quote from: klw on November 19, 2015, 10:57:09 AM
Session length is 1 of my questions as well. I am of the opinion that something is always setting up in a dozen spins or so a la Kimo Li and know when to quit so that is where my focus is at the moment.

I often start sessions that break straight down as LLLLLwLLL, a total dominance of losses. That's across all three of my triggers too. I'm either betting on one of the even chance bets at the table minimum, or on Airball or Rapid Roulette I'm sitting these losing streak bets out. So sessions take as long as they take. At 30 spins per hour, on real tables, it can take as much as 60 spins. I'm monitoring four sets of dozens. So something is happening in the characteristics of randomness somewhere in all that.
"...IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO BREAK THE LAW OF AVERAGES." 

Mike

Quote from: Gizmotron on November 19, 2015, 06:39:03 PM
Can you see it phasing in and out of winning dominance streaks? I can. This is typical of what I see, using my three triggers.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Gizmotron

Quote from: Mike on November 20, 2015, 08:50:46 AM
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Teaching anyone that can see out of their backside is wonderful too.

Mike, we all know that you are an absolutist with regards to probability, to the point of being obnoxious that is. Answer this, or I will delete your postings in this thread. When does probability say that a dozen numbers will sleep for at least 15 spins in a row, the same dozen not hitting 15 times that is, in the next 300 spins? It's simple to calculate the odds that it will happen some time in the next 300 spins, but what about it happening in the first, second, or third hour. Probability can't predict anything in just 300 spins.

Jimske

Quote from: Gizmotron on November 19, 2015, 06:39:03 PM
Here it is, right in front of you, from another thread:
See, that wasn't so hard was it Giz?

I'm always willing to entertain different perspectives.  Why not?  I use a visual perspective of what one might call triggers myself.  I'll have to take a look at what you posted to see if there is anything I might recognize as dominance phasing.  But first I'm not sure I understand the formatting.  There are two columns separated by "----------------"   I assume these are from Roulette spins.  Why are there two columns side by side?  Difficult for me to figure the order of the spins.  Why do the dotted lines cross over to the next column?

And please don't tell me to go back to the Roulette Forum.  You came to this forum.  IMO, the onus is on you to give at least a modicum of explanation of what you post.

J

Gizmotron

Quote from: Jimske on November 20, 2015, 03:41:32 PM
See, that wasn't so hard was it Giz?

I'm always willing to entertain different perspectives.  Why not?  I use a visual perspective of what one might call triggers myself.  I'll have to take a look at what you posted to see if there is anything I might recognize as dominance phasing.  But first I'm not sure I understand the formatting.  There are two columns separated by "----------------"   I assume these are from Roulette spins.  Why are there two columns side by side?  Difficult for me to figure the order of the spins.  Why do the dotted lines cross over to the next column?

And please don't tell me to go back to the Roulette Forum.  You came to this forum.  IMO, the onus is on you to give at least a modicum of explanation of what you post.

J

Jim, once I saw that Gr8player respected your play I knew that you had to be a real player. If you download my teaching software you will see the dozens and the columns and how I chart them.

http://betselection.cc/gizmotron/tracking-software-for-practice-real-play/

"--------------" signifies that zero or double zero hit in that spin.

I have new software that charts two other sets of dozens made up of shaped sections of the American (double zero) wheel. That's what this posting is from. You see 12 total columns in the chart. Each set uses three columns to define that set. There are four sets. The point was to show the wins and losses. The wins cluster for a while in parts. In other parts the wins don't cluster. I play the results of actual bets. The charts only give me a mechanism for bet selections. They produce the randomness characteristics I'm looking for in the win/loss results. My secret triggers cause the thing I'm looking for. With only three net wins per session, this is easy for me.

Gr8player uses variance and odds to make bet selections. I said a long time ago, that you can use anything you want for bet selections. I recommend anything consistent so that you can discover the normalization of  the win / loss phasing. That's why I now just focus on those 12 dozens.

Mike

Quote from: Gizmotron on November 20, 2015, 02:49:08 PM
Probability can't predict anything in just 300 spins.

Gizmo,

I hear this a lot from system players. The suggestion is that probability doesn't "work" in the short term so is useless. Here's the thing though: what do you propose as the alternative? presumably you have found some way of "cracking" the short term, otherwise you wouldn't be making the claims you are. So how have you found these triggers which yield a positive expectation? numerology?, astrology?, the magical ether?

If you reply that you've found them from analysis and research of actual roulette numbers, then how is this not probability? Suppose you choose not to call these results "probabilities" but something else, say "propensities". OK, so these "propensities" hold in the SHORT term, but if that's the case, how can they NOT hold in the long term, since the long term is just a succession of short terms? And if they hold in the long term then they must behave just like "regular" probabilities. And if they ARE regular probabilities why is it mathematically impossible to find them and the events to which they are attached?

The simple answer, of course, is that there are NO such events or probabilities. You are inevitably led by reductio ad absurdum to this conclusion.

And I'm not an "absolutist" but a rationalist. All I'm asking for is a reason why any of these systems or methods should work, given that past spins do not indicate future spins. Absent advantage play and physics, why should I expect any group of numbers to continue "trending" or not?

I think it's a reasonable question.

Gizmotron

Quote from: Mike on November 20, 2015, 05:29:48 PM
Gizmo,

I hear this a lot from system players. The suggestion is that probability doesn't "work" in the short term so is useless. Here's the thing though: what do you propose as the alternative? presumably you have found some way of "cracking" the short term, otherwise you wouldn't be making the claims you are. So how have you found these triggers which yield a positive expectation? numerology?, astrology?, the magical ether?

I agree with you Mike, there must be an alternative, even if it is in using probability as a base-line value. Deviation from the norm, such as Variance, suggested by Gr8player perhaps. I had Spike telling, endlessly, that he made his guesses in the very short term. I've always hunted for the big deal streaks and the global effect reinforcing them for my winning stratagem. I decided to look at the math and the characteristics of randomness in the very short term. And there it was, just staring me in the face.

If you reply that you've found them from analysis and research of actual roulette numbers, then how is this not probability? Suppose you choose not to call these results "probabilities" but something else, say "propensities". OK, so these "propensities" hold in the SHORT term, but if that's the case, how can they NOT hold in the long term, since the long term is just a succession of short terms? And if they hold in the long term then they must behave just like "regular" probabilities. And if they ARE regular probabilities why is it mathematically impossible to find them and the events to which they are attached?

They are coincidences and nothing more. Gambler's Fallacy does not make coincidences occur, neither does statistics. Coincidences and how to exploit them are easily programmable by me, a highly experienced research programmer. My algorithm would end up being mathematical proof of concept.

The simple answer, of course, is that there are NO such events or probabilities. You are inevitably led by reductio ad absurdum to this conclusion. 

"Simple" is your forte. You are the one asking questions and popping off like a Peacock.

And I'm not an "absolutist" but a rationalist. All I'm asking for is a reason why any of these systems or methods should work, given that past spins do not indicate future spins. Absent advantage play and physics, why should I expect any group of numbers to continue "trending" or not?

I think it's a reasonable question.

Keep asking. I don't care if you ever discover that the earth is not flat. You said: "why should I expect any group of numbers to continue "trending" or not? "  Anyone must acquire knowledge and experience on how characteristics act to have a clue what it is that I claim I can do. You only have your excuse and your one-manned advocacy to grand stand on a soapbox with for why you won't confirm anything for yourself.

soxfan

I'm kinda surprised that more cats don't use the Jack Kennedy roulettes style, hey hey.

Mike

Quote from: Gizmotron on November 20, 2015, 08:17:57 PM
Keep asking. I don't care if you ever discover that the earth is not flat. You said: "why should I expect any group of numbers to continue "trending" or not? "  Anyone must acquire knowledge and experience on how characteristics act to have a clue what it is that I claim I can do. You only have your excuse and your one-manned advocacy to grand stand on a soapbox with for why you won't confirm anything for yourself.

I have confirmed it for myself, I'm just interested in why system players continue to believe that past spins indicate future spins. And it has nothing to do with math, just simple logic.

As usual, I get nothing but evasion and obfuscation, or irrelevant waffle like "everything is connected". Sure it is, but not in a way that helps you predict future spins from past spins.

Gizmotron

Quote from: Mike on November 21, 2015, 12:38:17 PM
I have confirmed it for myself, I'm just interested in why system players continue to believe that past spins indicate future spins. And it has nothing to do with math, just simple logic.

As usual, I get nothing but evasion and obfuscation, or irrelevant waffle like "everything is connected". Sure it is, but not in a way that helps you predict future spins from past spins.

You are the one that thinks that I'm claiming "predict future spins from past spins." That's your delusion. Projecting your fallacies on me makes you dependent on your control of your own self made up argument. Try to listen. I'm taking advantage of circumstantial coincidences that naturally occur. You live in a protected world where ignoring objective thinking is preferred over your own version of Post Modern Relativisms. Need proof of that? Read "Telling the Truth" by Lynne Cheney. Need proof that you are reacting as a codependent personality. Look up reacting to disagreement and interpretation that disagreement is a personal attack like criticism or correction. Try to listen. We at this forum would appreciate it.

"Manipulators often voice assumptions about your intentions or beliefs and then react to them as if they were true in order to justify their feelings or actions, all the while denying what you a say in the conversation. They may act as if something has been agreed upon or decided when it hasn't in order to ignore any input or objection you might have."

http://www.amazon.com/TELLING-THE-TRUTH-Culture-Country/dp/0684811014

http://www.whatiscodependency.com/spot-manipulation/

Gizmotron

Quote from: soxfan on November 20, 2015, 10:59:16 PM
I'm kinda surprised that more cats don't use the Jack Kennedy roulettes style, hey hey.

Ref: http://www.roulette30.com/2014/04/positional-roulette.html

Do you think that Positional Roulette is a good way to win?

Mike

Gizmo,

How about actually staying on topic instead of resorting to psychobabble and personal attacks?

You said:

QuoteI'm taking advantage of circumstantial coincidences that naturally occur.

Then why the need for "triggers"? A trigger is not just "taking advantage of coincidences", it's an indicator which signals that a supposedly "favorable" event is imminent.

QuoteMy secret triggers cause the thing I'm looking for.

And actually, this makes no sense. A trigger cannot "cause" anything.

bjb007

I've been waiting since 2007 to read something from Gizmo which made
sense.  The wait is over.  It's never going to happen.  He has a language
all his own.  There is no dictionary.  There is no point.  Just ignore it.

Gizmotron

Quote from: Mike on November 21, 2015, 03:31:15 PM
Gizmo,

How about actually staying on topic instead of resorting to psychobabble and personal attacks?

Then why the need for "triggers"? A trigger is not just "taking advantage of coincidences", it's an indicator which signals that a supposedly "favorable" event is imminent.

And actually, this makes no sense. A trigger cannot "cause" anything.

One: You can't hide your traits behind accusations and attempted control. I will allow you to make a fool out of yourself if that is what you want. You demand that I answer your questions while all along ignoring mine.

Two: My three triggers indicate which trigger is currently working the best among each. There is still no concern that this information predicts the future or what will happen from a bet. I'm just probing for things that continue while placing or not placing bets. It's nothing more than guesswork. Why are you so upset over me guessing? Does that somehow intimidate you or your fascist / fundamentalist values? That's the way I see you. You have always been a demanding controlling person to me.

Three: My three triggers can cause the evidence to appear that at least one of them is outperforming the others. I'm betting that these actualities will continue. There are no mathematical statistics for short term continuation of positive results in the very short term. Your sophistry is only a manipulation technique to avoid acknowledging that you have been answered. Please stop regurgitating your perception of disagreement here. I have no interest in fortune telling claims. Deal with it.

Gizmotron

Quote from: bjb007 on November 21, 2015, 04:23:11 PM
I've been waiting since 2007 to read something from Gizmo which made
sense.  The wait is over.  It's never going to happen.  He has a language
all his own.  There is no dictionary.  There is no point.  Just ignore it.

Randomness characteristics - explained in detail along with definitions and examples
Elegant Patterns - explained in detail along with definitions and examples
Free software illustrating charting system - located exclusively at this forum
Global effect - explained in detail along with definitions and examples
Topic of reading randomness - explained in detail along with definitions and examples

It's all here.

Exposing illiterate behavior - explained in detail along with definitions and example, thanks to you.