Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Fool Proof Progression

Started by Sputnik, October 17, 2013, 06:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sputnik

I just for fun tested the Fool Proof Progression and find it amazing how much you can win, really big wins.
On a win you increase one unit and on a loss you increase one unit, simple as that.

I just took my average even money bet to see how it perform:

W 1 +1
W 2 +3
W 3 +6
L 4 +2
L 5 -3
W 6 +3
W 7 +10
W 8 +18
W 9 +27
L 10 +17
W 11 +28
W 12 +40
W 13 +53
W 14 +67

I think Brett Mortons - Money Management Strategy - would do just fine with this Fool Proof Progression.
I will create a LW-Registry chart with loses and winnings to see when you are in the positive area and the negative area, also to pin point out where the crucial draw-downs occur.

Get back soon ...

Cheers

Bally6354

This progression is great! It's not like you have to use it every spin either. You might play two sides of a bet and can use it on the side that is hotting up throwing out consecutive wins hoping for it to continue.
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

Sputnik

True i also like this very much and start to test it with different even money bets.

Cheers

6th-sense

it only works for so long...how do i know...i try this strategy out all the time on stefs bot on every system i have which is a lot....you can do stuff like this ...any amounts up or down on a loss or win...and reset in new high if you want,,,i,m just saying its only good for so long

TwoCatSam

That's the bad/good thing about the ExcelBot.  It allows one to put theories to the test. 
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

Rouletta

Hi 6th sense

Can u please clarify what do u mean by " it's only good for so long......" in relation
to your post above. 

What sort of time frame or number of spins are u referring to ......? I have tried all sorts
of progression such as Bread winner's , lifetime progression, Guetting progression and
numerous others in the forum etc.....and the one that gives me consistently the best results
for ec bets is clearly fool proof progression.....

Tomla

fool proof works until you hit a really bad run , then it's a bitch to get out of.. but it is in my top 7 progressions and i pull it out once in awhile

6th-sense

i don,t really notice the time frame as i let the bot run...sometimes i,ll watch it on and off for a few hours...and it seems fine...when i leave it running it just goes way way down..lost 1000 bankroll playmoney numerous times...i think Sam can agree on that..i,ve asked stef to implement a feature on his bot where it can switch sheets after so many units won automatically..maybe it,ll hold up better swapping sytems...maybe if i get a bit of time i,ll set the bot with the settings and video it for you...a bit time consuming as busy at the moment...but if i have any system your interested in i,ll set for you to see and watch...sorry about the late reply just noticed your post...just been busy looking at razors thread this week

Tomla

it will win but it will take units

Albalaha

I do not think this is a very wise progression. This will lose more and win less in long term. I have simulated it and it is a disaster. It can be good if someone can ensure consistency in his betselection which is not possible.
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

6th-sense

tomla...i suppose its how many units you are willing to gamble and table limits...this is just as bad as the martingale

malcop

Another way to play this progression is in groups of three's.

You increase either 1 or 2 units depending on if the last three bets were a group win or loss.

These outcomes you increase 1 unit.

WWW = Win
WWL = Win
WLW = Win
LWW = Win

These outcomes you increase 2 units.

LLL = Loss
LLW = Loss
LWL = Loss
WLL = Loss

So every three bets you look back to determine if you had a winning or losing group and bet accordingly for the next three spins, anytime you are at a new session high reset and start from 1 unit for the next three spins.

Hopefully this should keep you in the game longer.

EDIT: Of course if you prefer you could just increase 1 unit no matter if the last three bets were wining or losing groups, it's up to you.

Thanks

malcop

Rouletta

Thanks Tomla, 6th sense, Malcorp, Albalaha and everyone who responded. There are 2 ways for playing fool proof
progression as described in the book. I think depending upon which of the 2 methods u are playing the risk is different.

I only play for relatively short period of time ; I always reset at 1 unit on a new bank high and up to now
both ways of playing give good results. If I see I'm on a losing streak, I stop playing swiftly as per JP advised
in his book; and come back at the table later on. 

Imho think if we do not abuse the use of the fool proof progression, stay at the table for relatively short period of time
, and provided the bet selection is quite sound the profit will be there.

Tomla

I use it in the same way-I pull it out once in awhile--but it is a good tool to have in your work bag.

Buffster

Malcop

You say raise 1 unit after 1 loss or no loss in last three and raise 2 units after 2 losses or 3 losses in last three...
Reset after new high

I'm ok with the second part of your statement ... raise 2 units etc etc

I'm ok with Reset after new high...

Where I kinda bug on this is you say to raise 1 unit after 1 loss or no loss in last three... hmmm you're at a new high with these outcomes and would reset ... why raise 1 unit ?

Am I missing something ?

Buffster