Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Math/Statistics topics?

Started by Bayes, November 16, 2012, 04:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayes

Hi Vic,

I'd like to post some topics on Stats/Math, so was wondering whether you could add a sub-section to the "Gambling Resources" section? Not to mention that questions regarding probabilities come up quite often, and it would be nice to have them in one place.

cheers.

VLS

It's indeed very important to know the mathematical and statistical foundations of gambling to know where we're standing.

Section added :thumbsup:
http://betselection.cc/math-statistics/
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

Bayes

Cool, thanks Vic.

I've actually just started on a part-time course in Stats, so I may get a bit carried away at times, but I'll try to keep things clear and understandable. I know maths isn't everyone's favourite topic.  :P

Trebor

Bayes,

From the calibre of your posts in the past I assume you must be running the course.

Trebor

Bayes

Hi Trebor,

Thanks for the compliment, but no, I'm a humble student.

Statistics is a big subject. I taught myself the basics of probability, but I've only scratched the surface. It's a lot more interesting than most people think, and it's a very practical subject, not just dry theory. You get to find out stuff which is actually useful, and it applies in so many areas, not just specialized disciplines but in everyday life too. Anywhere you need to come to conclusions or make decisions based on data, including the design of experiments and tests.

So I'll be running a primer/tutorial here in parallel with my course, but simplified and with an emphasis on roulette applications of course. You could call it something like "Learning statistics through roulette".  8)

Trebor

Bayes,

I'll tell you something about my statistics knowledge.

Long, long ago I passed an "0" level in statistics, so I'm well qualified to draw a very pretty pie chart.

Trebor