Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Who gives a free programming course?

Started by wannawin, August 09, 2014, 08:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannawin

Friends, in view of the presence of programmers in the forum I wondered if anyone may give a programming course. It would be a free course as we know people do not pay. Less if they do not even know if they will succeed in completing it.

I wonder if there may be any programmer willing to teach programming techniques applied to gambling. Something to kill time as a secondary nonprofit activity. Perhaps possible if every developer donates a bit of time to the free course? Please at least say something about the feasibility of this idea. Thank you.
say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.

wannawin

Thank you. The truth is that a course provided by developers on the forum enables other programmers to be born here. If many members are learning for free they can be willing to give their programs to the forum at no cost for the benefit of all.

It is better to have people right here who teach their excel techniques and other programming languages rather than having to learn all painstakingly separately.

My idea was to use the collective knowledge of this forum to prepare new people to take member requests and then they can give the programs away to enrich the pool of this community software. That was the original intent. Thanks for providing the links.
say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.

Superman

I think IF, and that's a big if, a member who arrived at this forum to find a winning method and that was all they were after wants to learn how to write their own software then they should decide what language they want to use and start themselves then post their code allowing programmers to either fix/explain or show a better way.

I agree totally that coding for roulette is MUCH different than just "Hello World" because with a roulette method in mind there is a route to take already so coding is easier. They should also be warned/reminded that coding for roulette with all the fancy methods and MM is sometimes difficult, for example in the days of ChrisBis with his Biscending method where he would add the numbers each spin sort of like packman closing his mouth, that took some head scratching, as we all know waiting for X reds would be very easy to code but nobody should want that coding anyway.

Those who want to learn MUST show code before they get helped otherwise coders will be doing it all for them, Vic has tried this before, it didn't work, maybe you should take a poll to see then wait for them to start posting code and see what replies they get from 'us' coders.
There's only one way forward, follow random, don't fight with it!

Ignore a thread/topic that mentions 'stop loss', 'virtual loss' and also when a list is provided of a progression, mechanical does NOT work!

Mathemagician

Though not free it's only 99c!
The book So You want to learn to Program is available as a pdf from http://www.basicbook.org/

It is about basic256 not something I've used (yet) but it looks familiar so I might.
It's a pity it isn't indexed with hyperlinks but the pdf is virtually $29 dollars cheaper than the printed version and looks a good educational tool.

It will be useful for Waanawin's proposed course where we will learn how to program my system 'The Hidden or Secret Dozen' I've programmed it into RouletteKeyGold using Opus Pro and a spreadsheet as shown below:

http://youtu.be/EkbfjoxQYyY

esoito

@Walter

The first edition of that book is (legally) free from here:   http://www.basicbook.org/e1

Maybe that will be enough to get you started.

Chrisbis

Interesting to see my name mentioned in dispatches here!! Lol

Ah. ....The good old days of BisCending eh.
It's been that long, my phone auto editor doesn't recognize  the word ! Lol.
Cheers Chris

VLS

Quote from: wannawin on August 09, 2014, 08:05:27 PM
Please at least say something about the feasibility of this idea. Thank you.

As the vASIC compiler advances over at the BetSoftware.cc site we'll -inevitably!- be hosting the free programming lessons for it :)

Main advantage being our language is 100% focused on creating gambling-oriented programs, so it's a very focused and productive ride [smiley]cxp/cool.gif[/smiley]
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

Helen

Yeah, I agree with the two options, codecademy and udemy are great web sites to learn, first I came across codecademy and then a friend suggested udemy course, nowdays it is great when you can gain knowledge for free!