Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

NOZ and variance

Started by Ralph, March 08, 2013, 09:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph

On a NOZ we do not have the -EV, which many (poker)math guys tell us we lose every bet on. It is true the unfair odds in the longer run will beat even the best variance to our advantage.

If we keep the betting so the variance is so low as possible, we try to break even, which we should do in the longest run.

To keep the variance down as much as possible is to bet all numbers, never win and never lose, some do it during tracking an opportunity according the theire way of play.

We need some variance to be able to win, small enough to rid out until we are on the right side.

If we bet two doz, we have a lower variance. We have on the other hand experience of that, we always lose a chip, and if we get many loss in a row, we can hardly catch up. THERE IS NOT ANY POSSIBILLITY TO WIN BOTH BET.

On a NOZ wheel we can reduce the variance on EC, and bet two or three. In this case THERE IS A POSSIBILLITY TO WIN ALL BETS.

I see a big difference in this, both from calculating and practical play.

I was trying several 1000 spins using three EC and got good results. Flat it is probably not better than betting one EC, but using positive and negative progressions  make a difference, I have in the trials never lost and never got heavy drawdown.

Use a bet selection of your best, I used last spun number.  We bet all three EC using the last spun number.

If we got  hit we parlay those bets once, the missing bets we do not play. If non of the parlay hits, or all miss first attempt, we add a chip in the next trial. As soon we catch up or nearly do it we reduce the betsize to the minimum.

As it looks, this method is very stable, it can of course lose. I got 576 Euro using 0.1 chips with 100 Euro in bank.

Blood Angel

Luck happens when Preparation meets Opportunity.

TwoCatSam

So, Mr. Ralph, let me see if I have this down............

34 spins

I bet large, red and even.

11 spins and I lose all three.

I raise one chip.

I bet small, odd, black

35 spins

I parlay odd and black.

The second bet always ends the "game".  Then we begin again.  We only raise the bet when all three lose and only parlay those who win one time.

That it?

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

MarignyGrilleau

The thing i find about no-zero roulette is that the algorithm of randomization for Even Chances is the same as for any combination of 18 numbers. That being so, the variance and the distribution presents more extreme than the arrangements of pockets in the physical wheel.

Ralph

Quote from: TwoCatSam on March 08, 2013, 05:06:48 PM
So, Mr. Ralph, let me see if I have this down............

34 spins

I bet large, red and even.

11 spins and I lose all three.

I raise one chip.

I bet small, odd, black

35 spins

I parlay odd and black.

The second bet always ends the "game".  Then we begin again.  We only raise the bet when all three lose and only parlay those who win one time.

That it?

Sam

Yes I think you got it as I tried to explain!

Ralph

Quote from: MarignyGrilleau on March 08, 2013, 05:53:34 PM
The thing i find about no-zero roulette is that the algorithm of randomization for Even Chances is the same as for any combination of 18 numbers. That being so, the variance and the distribution presents more extreme than the arrangements of pockets in the physical wheel.

At BV it is not an algorithm, as they use physics to produce the random bits, and it should be as any fair wheel. Such as sector play has anyhow not any advantages if the wheel is perfect and that may be the case a live wheel is the device which is "less" random.

We see 10 times more spins at a RNG than on a live wheel, someties 4000 in a day, and then more odd and not odd things have time to show. I have yet not meet any who can see a difference of 10000 spins from live or RNG BV.

http://www.idquantique.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9

Ralph

Played  238 spins to reach the target of 200 units. Using BVNZ and the lowest chips. The max drowndown was 40 units.

I will test more playing, the method is complicated to test using formulas, play can  tell if we do it long.

It should be used at NZ as we then have only the variance to handle. A zero will probably make a lot to the worse.

If we try it on B&M we would need a larger bankroll, and chose a (EU) wheel which pays back half on zero hit. Such
wheels are not hard to find in Europe.

I have done several 1000 spins in play, and the method seems to be well performing, it can as all still lose, I do not know the best stop/loss yet, as a  bankroll loss is needed to know the limits.

TwoCatSam

Ralph

I assume you have this in your bot.  I see one session went 11 hours.  Will you be releasing it?

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

Ralph

Quote from: TwoCatSam on March 09, 2013, 08:02:12 AM
Ralph

I assume you have this in your bot.  I see one session went 11 hours.  Will you be releasing it?

Sam

Sam!

It is not coded. If the session is long, it means I have made pauses, and on ZERO wheel it can last for week, on NOZ it is 24 hours, and we must make a spin an hour to not get it closed. It happens I play manual for hours.

I will test it some more, and it if I code it it will be uploaded to all using the bot.

Ralph

Here is the following 200 spins. This time the drawndown was about 100 unit, once otherwise a few.   208 units plus.

I got post from some who not get all of the method, I answer here  it is faster.

We bet 3 EC.s from our betselection, I use the last number.

If all miss the round ends and  we add a chip to the three EC's next spin.

If we got a hit the first spin, we parlay the hitted bet once, the not hitted we leave.

That is only two spins before next run. If we are back we add a chip.

We add a chip if we lose, but we reduce as soon as possible, even if we not are back.
If it lacks two chips to be back, and we bet two, we can reduce to one.

Try a couple of sessions with a win target of 200 in fun mode, and you will find everthing out, it is not very hard!
And remember  if you win some sessions, it is not the same as it will always win.
You always risk money in game.

TwoCatSam

Ralph

OK, I see what you're doing.  Pausing to rest or eat or something.  I do that, too.  I set a timer.

Lest I forget........... :(

Sam

Ralph

This session went a bit longer, I got  7 total loss in a row. The slow progression and the parlay make it not go down terrible. I got later some double hits on all three.

266 spins and  246 units plus.   that's 37.7 Euro in about 700 spins. 754 units of 0.05.

It will not be easy to code without simple down some to mechanical rules. The decision to parlay close to break even or small plus after a drawdown on higher bets, or similar decisions, which is for at least me better to do in the situation.

Ralph

Despite it is a low variation bet, betting three EC, it can on some cases show extreme variance.  This last session I used 0.1 chips, and was running into a losing streak, which needed  2400 units to defend. This time it came back and on a winning streak I parlay twice a few times.

I have ended the play and the picture shows the total from beginning, the sessions using 0.05 and the session using 0.1.

1210 spins total, the units were mixed so I do not know exactly the units. It is  253.45 Euro.