Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

First Council decision: Roll It All Back

Started by VLS, November 21, 2012, 11:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLS

The first decision of the council is: ROLL IT ALL BACK:

This is a most-pertinent quote from a saavy mod:

[...] sometimes we simply have to accept a via media -- a compromise position --  is a sensible course of action. As in this case.

Otherwise we will have dissension, disruption and uncertainty that will drive members away. It happened before, didn't it, when SH flexed his muscles?

Just accept his conditions.

Then we can move forward from there  with a stable platform for the future.

So the forum goes back to exactly where we were, Steve's ads are going to be run "Ad perpetuum" here.
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

VLS

Just for the record: I, Victor, Reinstated Admin, personally think a lifetime of free ads is excessive.

But I accept it if that's what it takes for the stability and long-term peace of our community.
-- Victor

Dino246

If there has to be ad's,at least DON'T have them as Pop-Up's.

As that is a sure way of putting-off potential guest's to return to become members.

Regards.

Dino.

esoito

Bravo!!  Onwards and upwards.    :applause: :applause:

OK. So the forum has an albatross around its neck. Well, worse things have happened at sea.  The Ancient Mariner will tell you that....

TwoCatSam

Pop ups while reading would be a drag.

Otherwise, forget them.

People are probably wise to Steve anyway, don't you think. 

Anyway, "There's a sucker born every minute!" still holds water for me.  If they don't lose it with Steve, they'll invest with Thomas Grant and lose it there.

Who cares?

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

VLS

While it's true they are forced, there's absolutely nothing about the "how" or "where" the ads should be placed.

Steve banned mentions or linking to here. So it isn't a surprise his ads belong to the bottom of the pages, with a proper message above them.

If Steve wants popups, I'm flat keen to give up being owner/admin just for the pleasure of removing them altogether. He's better to keep them for the benefit of search engines.

I've banned myself already from his premises. Changed the password of my accounts typing whatever with my closed eyes and changed the email address to garbage so they are fully unrecoverable.

He's leaving it clear site support is a one-way street with him; he doesn't want anything to do with us other than reaping on our visitors, so it isn't surprising his ads are moved to the bottom.
-- Victor

Albalaha

I don't have any problem. I rather want you to be the permanent administrator. Please do not sell the forum to Steve for any reason or excuse otherwise I will be the last person to talk to you.
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

Gizmotron

Quote from: VLS on November 21, 2012, 03:25:04 PM
I've banned myself already from his premises. Changed the password of my accounts typing whatever with my closed eyes and changed the email address to any garbage so they are fully unrecoverable.

That's how gizmotron was banned at the original VLS Roulette forum. I did myself in.
"...IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO BREAK THE LAW OF AVERAGES." 

VLS

Quote from: albalaha on November 21, 2012, 04:27:45 PM
I don't have any problem. I rather want you to be the permanent administrator. Please do not sell the forum to Steve for any reason or excuse otherwise I will be the last person to talk to you.
Al. You know I've had the other site closed before selling to Steve again...
-- Victor

VLS

Quote from: Gizmotron on November 21, 2012, 04:29:42 PM
That's how gizmotron was banned at the original VLS Roulette forum. I did myself in.

At times that's the last stand a user has...
-- Victor

wannawin

I am not at all surprised by this. This is deja vu.

With such a forum administrator to choose between the old vls forum and CC is like choosing to support the brightest of two *****. Both belong to the same person and both benefit the same wallet. He made it clear in his last post about Johnlegend that he does not care for people just anything but their messages to help bring visitors from search sites. Well, not exactly people were they called by him.

I am glad I ended my accounts with both sites long ago.

If he wants to have anything to do here beyond advertising please count me as another that leaves.

While nothing more than advertising and he does not get in our daily do we are better here anyway.
say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.

Blood Angel

I don't think ads are an issue....pop ups are. Just my opinion,
Luck happens when Preparation meets Opportunity.

Albalaha

QuoteAl. You know I've had the other site closed before selling to Steve again...

Then I think, we can better live with Steve's ads than leaving you as admin.

esoito

Private comments are one thing, but I really think PUBLIC slamming and criticising of other forums and their owner should now STOP.

Surely, enough is enough.

Let's just drop that particular topic and all move on to what this forum is really all about.

Albalaha

QuotePUBLIC slamming and criticising of other forums and their owner should now STOP.

Sadly, this noble thought is not there with the guy you are supporting so much with his forums had "Mark **** fraud" explained in the home page itself and has a false review site made to bash all system sellers except him.
        Someone who has been jailed for cheating masses is trying to defend the world from scammers and if such people wants to be worshipped even after bashing many dedicated members on false pretext and later removing them even after positive votes in their favor, it is ridiculous.
                If you want to see the reality and acceptability of Steve in our place, why not open a voting for this?