Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Betforum.cc

Started by Agesta1, June 10, 2014, 05:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slacker

Quote from: XXVV on June 12, 2014, 11:22:06 PM
Well perhaps it is coincidental

Yes, it's a coincidence. Perhaps you don't understand what it means to run your own server; it means the server isn't hosted by any third-party company, therefore the service cannot be interrupted by any third party. In order to shut down the forum, you would have to shut down the ISP. Now I don't know whether the company you complained to is, in fact, Stef's ISP, but even if it was, are you seriously suggesting that your petty complaint has resulted in Stef's access to the internet (not just the server hosting the forum) being denied? You've got to be kidding.

And yes, I do think your complaint was petty. Xander and anyone else is entitled to their opinion, and if they doubt someone's credentials, especially when they are using those credentials to bolster sales of a book which makes some extraordinary claims, don't they have a right to question? that is not "slander". If Xander had taken out a two-page spread in The Times, saying that MB was a fraud, that would be quite another matter. There's a big difference between private communication on an internet forum and the kind of slander you'd have us believe Xander has committed, but I think you know that.

That is why I think serious research and publishing needs to be in a private domain with invitation only participation.

Then why not start your own forum? you can set one up for free in 5 minutes.