Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

The 30 step mongoose mongrel MM strategy

Started by TheCaviarKid, December 30, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCaviarKid

Craig Greiner has a 22 step progression in his book 'The Future Gambler' which will set you back 317 units if it loses. He said he only ever saw that progression bust once.

My 30 step adaptation will only set you back 176 units if you lose step 22. The full 30 steps will cost you 767 units.

Here is a description of the mongoose MM. (It is the best explanation I can find and is courtesy of GLC)

#1.  Bet 1 unit.  If win go to #2 (+1).   If lose repeat #1 (-1).  Move up 1 step in the progression.

#2.  Bet 2 units.  If win go to #3 (+3).  If lose go to #1 (-1).

#3.  Bet 1 unit.  If win go to #5 (+4).  If lose go to #4 (+2).

#4.  Bet 2 units.  If win go to #5 (+4).  If lose go to #1 (+0).

#5.  Bet 1 unit.  If win go to #1 (+5).  If lose go to #6 (+3).

#6.  Bet 1 unit.  If win go to #5 (+4).  If lose go to #7 (+2).

#7.  Bet 3 units.  If win go to #1 (+5).  If lose go to #1 (-1).

What the above does is risk 1 unit to win 5 units.  It's divided into 3 sections.

Section 1 is #'s 1 & 2.  You are trying to win 3 units in this section.  #'s 1 & 2 represent a parlay.  If you win both you will be up 3 units.  If you lose either, you will be -1 unit.  That would end your 1st attack.

Section 2 is #'s 3 & 4.  You're trying to add 1 unit to your 3 units from section 1.  This section is a 2 step capped martingale.  If you win #3 you will have won your 1 unit and will be up 4 units and can move to section 3.  If you lose #3, you will double your bet size and try to recover the 1 unit you lost in #3.  A win here and you have your 4 units and can go on to Section 3.  A loss here wipes out the 3 units you won in Section 1 and you return to section 1.  You broke even for that attack so no loss.

Section 3 is #'s 5, 6 & 7.  You're trying to add 1 final unit to the 4 you've won so far in this attack.  This section is a 1 1 3 bet attempt.  If you win the 1st 1 unit bet, you will have won your 5 units for this attack and can reset to Section 1.  If you lose the 1st 1 unit bet, you make another 1 unit bet to try to recover the 1st 1 unit loss.  If you win, you return to the 1st 1 unit bet in Section 3 and try again.  If you lose both 1 unit bets in Section 3, you will have lost 2 bets in a row and are going to risk 3 units.  This will either leave you at -1 and you return to Section 1 for another attack or you will be at +5 in which case you still return to Section 1 for another attack.

So, if we succeed in Section 1, we will be up 3 units.  If we lose Section 1, we will be -1 move up 1 step in our progression .  We only go to Section 2 if we win in Section 1.  If we succeed in Section 2, we will be up 1 more unit putting us up 4 units.  If we lose both bets in Section 2, we will have lost the 3 units we won in Section 1 and return to Section 1 with no harm done.  If we succeed in Sections 1 & 2, we move to Section 3 where we try to add 1 more unit to our total.  If we succeed in Section 5 we will add 1 more unit to our 4 units for a total of +5 units.  If we fail in our attempt in Section 3, we will lose -1 unit for this attack.  We will move 1 step up our progression line and start over with Section 1.

Even though Section 3 results in a -1 or +5 culmination of our attack, remember, we must lose 3 bets in a row to fail.

Thank you GLC.

I have added the 30 step MM as an attatchment.

The average win is just short of £3 for each successful coup using this progression.

"Sometimes it is the people we imagine nothing of, who do the things we can not imagine."

NathanDetroit

A system which does not produce a WIN at the 3 rd spin is a loser.  Whoever buys it is  welcome to the Ship of Fools.

Tomla

Fun progression but yikes when it loses!!!  Only for the brave with a great bet selection

Tomla

It was Swami---I hope that he is still well!

Rolex-Watch

Yep that is correct Swami living in the Philippines is the Mongoose guy, but nowadays mainly focuses on Poker.

Sputnik

Rolex Watch - i was going to PM you and whish you Happy New Year and ask a qustion abot a method you wrote about in the past.
But you blocked me - i don't understand why ...

Cheers

tdx

The Future Gambler book is for sale on Amazon for $ 999.11 ..........Ouch!!!!!!

Can this book be worth that price ?

WorldBaccaratKing

Quote from: tdx on March 15, 2015, 05:24:06 PM
The Future Gambler book is for sale on Amazon for $ 999.11 ..........Ouch!!!!!!

Can this book be worth that price ?

I will sell you mine for a 100