Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Importance of shoe

Started by Leapyfrog, September 03, 2014, 01:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leapyfrog

Why is a shoe important in Baccaratt. I see that we never get to the end of the cards, we can't do card counting then why is a shoe important?
Giant leap is formed of baby steps.

Albalaha

Card counting in baccarat has not been successful like that in blackjack. End of a shoe or beginning of the shoe or middle of the shoe doesn't affect the randomness of the game and hence have no importance, in my humble opinion.
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

Rolex-Watch

It is important because The self anointed Minister would have even  less to say.

I play a 6 deck game and I wish there were more hands in any given shoe, as something interesting has transpired, but then the shoe runs out. 

Albalaha is correct on this one.

Leapyfrog

Thanks all. That clarifies a lot of things, unless someone comes forward with a specific reason why it should really matter.

Rolex-Watch

It only matters because it enforces a break, unlike Roulette.  No doubt if the game was endless as per that automated game in NYC, people being what the are would play non-stop.   A shoe game allows you to get up, re-evaluate, change tact, re-think any negative progression etc, it is a natural trait of the game and unworthy of proclaiming as some sort of revelation.   

Albalaha

@Rolex Watch,
                      End of shoe is only a psychological rest. You can break your game even in the middle of the shoe and can resume at any other point further. As I said, it doesn't  affect the randomness. If someone has lost his bankroll or won his target profit, he won't need to see the end of shoe either, so it is of no use. I analyse and test the game of baccarat, in continuity and disregarding the end of the shoe or "Tie" wins in my simulations,paper tests and real games, all.
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

Rolex-Watch

I am not disagreeing with you, rather emphasising the point it is irrelevant when somebody proclaims the play an closed shoe game, like it is some unique advantage, when in reality anybody sitting at a Baccarat table plays a closed shoe game. Desperation I suppose?

Leapyfrog

Quote from: Rolex-Watch on September 05, 2014, 04:18:25 PM
It only matters because it enforces a break, unlike Roulette.  No doubt if the game was endless as per that automated game in NYC, people being what the are would play non-stop.   A shoe game allows you to get up, re-evaluate, change tact, re-think any negative progression etc, it is a natural trait of the game and unworthy of proclaiming as some sort of revelation.   
Thanks everyone for your replies. Is there anywhere where i can read about the advanced concepts of baccarat. Like why banker should have a commission attached to it? so on and so forth.

EDIT : Figured out myself. Thanks - http://wizardofodds.com/ask-the-wizard/baccarat/. If there is anything else you know of, please let me know.

Schoolman

Hi Leapyfrog,

You might find this site interesting. Never actually tried it though, and like all A.P. methods, finding the right venue is the problem. Personally I prefer the tried-and-trusted fallacies.  :P
A small error in the principles is large in the conclusions.

Rolex-Watch

Forget what Eliott Jacobson blogs, he is one of the math boyz, and I seriously doubt he has put into practise his theories.  Computer sims are one thing, table experience is another.  First off edge sorting is dead in the water since he Phil Ivey incident, also his counting of the super pay egalite won't work in the real world. 

Leapyfrog

Quote from: Rolex-Watch on September 08, 2014, 01:49:58 PM
Forget what Eliott Jacobson blogs.
I have to echo your saying here after going through what he has written in his blog. It just goes over the head and gives a feeling as if its all made up.