Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

How much . . .

Started by Jimske, December 19, 2015, 10:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garfield

Quote from: Jimske on December 22, 2015, 03:00:40 AM
Just psychological.  Comfort level.  You got to train yourself to think interms of percent not money.  Easier said than done.Yes,  You can't let the size of your bet play you and change your strategy.  Playing scared money doesn't work.

I believed everything about bacc is easier to say than done.   :))
You will never know. Not now, not in this life. You aren't that lucky.

ezmark

I agree that 3 units average win per shoe is huge.  Im of opinion that the shoe should be played fron beginning to end to determine if the method will be profitable.    I've devoted much of my game time to such endeavor.

21 Aces

Perhaps more importantly, how much should one risk in a session? 

In the short term I have reached a moment of complete loss.  Complete loss in that if you have a style of play that is performing quite consistently on random days for random amounts of play everything about it random except it pretty much plays tight and the result is flat or up.... HOW?  How do you going into a session in a similar manner and just get hammered?  What is the best range of number of units as a cut point on the day?

^ This in the context of flat betting one unit with the possibility of some creep into 2/ 3 unit bets (i.e. no heavy positive or negative progression).

Thanks.
Life is something you dominate if you're any good. - Tom Buchanan

Jimske

Quote from: 21 Aces on December 28, 2015, 03:20:33 AM

In the short term I have reached a moment of complete loss.  Complete loss in that if you have a style of play that is performing quite consistently on random days for random amounts of play everything about it random except it pretty much plays tight and the result is flat or up.... HOW?  How do you going into a session in a similar manner and just get hammered?  What is the best range of number of units as a cut point on the day?

^ This in the context of flat betting one unit with the possibility of some creep into 2/ 3 unit bets (i.e. no heavy positive or negative progression).

Thanks.
My definition of MM is stop loss/win.  In all my trials I look at the curve of wins and losses to get an idea of the maximum.  In every style of play there is going to be limitations as to a general chance of winning more after certain peak or coming back after losing certain peak.  There is an example of this that I posted in a graph from Double Triples.  So after I get to a certain point of lose or win I will make a few more bets and generally if lose 2 of 3 I just quit.  This gives me a chance to possibly do better but allows me to not lose back too much or get too deep in the loss column.

21 Aces

Quote from: Jimske on December 28, 2015, 03:20:00 PM
My definition of MM is stop loss/win.  In all my trials I look at...

Thanks for sharing!  and I think you posted elsewhere, are you using your own applications for testing?  I am looking at Baccarat Buster 2 more closely at this time.

Anyone else?  I'm at the point where I should just put in the following:
- Reduce Unit Size: For example if 1 Unit on the day is $100 reduce it to $50 or $25.
- Stop Point 1:  Stop playing that shoe and take a required 20-30 minute break.
- Stop Point 2:  Stop playing that day.

While in the arena I am not experienced and smart enough to know for sure the reason why am encountering a losing session other than to know that it is happening.  There is always more opportunity to play, but like many, I do not have unlimited bank rolls to play with.

Also, I haven't been using paper while playing because I wanted to not do it, but I may start because there are times I lose track of what I should be looking at and I can always make plenty of notes about what I see.
Life is something you dominate if you're any good. - Tom Buchanan

Jimske

Quote from: 21 Aces on December 29, 2015, 01:28:21 PM
Thanks for sharing!  and I think you posted elsewhere, are you using your own applications for testing?  I am looking at Baccarat Buster 2 more closely at this time.

Anyone else?  I'm at the point where I should just put in the following:
- Reduce Unit Size: For example if 1 Unit on the day is $100 reduce it to $50 or $25.
- Stop Point 1:  Stop playing that shoe and take a required 20-30 minute break.
- Stop Point 2:  Stop playing that day.

While in the arena I am not experienced and smart enough to know for sure the reason why am encountering a losing session other than to know that it is happening.  There is always more opportunity to play, but like many, I do not have unlimited bank rolls to play with.

Also, I haven't been using paper while playing because I wanted to not do it, but I may start because there are times I lose track of what I should be looking at and I can always make plenty of notes about what I see.
I have a macro that allows me to put 25 shoes at a time in scorecard format.  This allows me to look at different shoe signatures and compare notes using different placements quickly.  I don't use Zumma since I have gathered thousands of my own shoes.  There is no mechanical method that wins this game as far as I am concerned.  Subjectivity (guessing) is required.  Each placement has it's nemesis and the nemesis of each is distinct.  Compare XXYY with XY betting for instance.  They each play differently though each will lose exactly the same over a significant number of shoes -call it ITLR if you want.  So you pick a placement and try to match a betting plan to go with it.  One that you are comfortable with.  Then you test it against a load of shoes to see what the max win/loss is to develop your stops.  Still you're going to have a recoup betting method that is robust enough to get "back in the game" without getting hurt too badly (enter an ultimate stop loss).  Also you should know what your base shoe win % is so you can get an idea that expectation.  E.G. How many shoe will you lose IAR with a 65% shoe win rate or a 85% shoe rate.  Helps to know when to recover.

So bet any amount of hands you want.  Choose to bet on symmetry, variance, specific pattern, etc.  As much as you hear from some (ahem) that making less bets increases your probability to win it just ain't so.  The proof of this is none of them can give any performance data.  What matters is your plan and your ability to follow it.

I'll say right now that Simple Follow Chop (SFC) is as good as any bet placement.

Finally, your point about reducing unit size and locking up after a win is, IMO, one of the most important aspects of successful play.  In a game where we will win half our hands and pay the juice we MUST lock up a profit in order to succeed.  Whether grinding or playing deep progressions it requires the same principles.

Garfield

Quote from: 21 Aces on December 28, 2015, 03:20:33 AM

This still rather subjective IMO. Aggresive vs conservative will have different answer.

For me, it should be equal or smaller than your expected profit. So if you aim for 6 unit, the amount to risk shouldn't be bigger respectively.

That's the theory, I supposed.

But, I experienced that even after the loss went beyond our stop loss, sometimes I was too stuborn to back up. It's easier to say "walk as a loser" than to do it.

I guess sometimes the biggest enemy is our mind, if you know what I mean. >:D
You will never know. Not now, not in this life. You aren't that lucky.