Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

can't upload anything

Started by HansHuckebein, April 10, 2015, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HansHuckebein

hi folks,

several times I tried to upload a pdf file but always failed.  ??? the original pdf is about 6.35 mb. I even split it into smaller parts of about 2 mb each. this didn't work either.

could any of the moderators please offer assistance?

cheers

hans

horus

Hans,

I tried to upload a few PDF's recently and I couldn't. Another way is to put it on 'Dropbox' and then you can just paste the link.

cheers
If you fail to know, fail to prepare, fail to plan and practice, then know full well that you are knowingly preparing and planning to lose. What you don't know and don't do will be your undoing.

VLS

It's a timeout. It's a known issue files over 5MB or so have problems with some connections. The slower the speed at home, the more chances for the timeout to affect the upload.

Viable workarounds:

1) Compress the file with rar prior to uploading. Depending on the contents, it may bring file-size down significantly, hence making upload faster so it can avoid the timeout.

2) Upload to any of the freebie file servers, then link it.

3) Send the file as attachment to betselectiongmail.com, then PM me about it via the forum (I get a lot of spammy mail --as expected with a public/published email- ...thanks Mr. spammers and unsolicited online marketers!! [smiley]cxp/winktongue.gif[/smiley])

Cheers!
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

ADulay

Quote from: horus on April 10, 2015, 09:01:29 PM
Hans,
Another way is to put it on 'Dropbox' and then you can just paste the link.

cheers

Horus,

I've also found that "Dropbox" is an excellent way to have very large files available for others as well as an automated "sync" backup for all the computers and iPads.

AD

HansHuckebein

thanks for replying.  :)

as I don't have a dropbox account and as winrar doesn't seem to compress the file any more I'll send it to  the betseletion email account and prepare the new topic as far as I can.

cheers

hans

VLS

Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor