Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Jack Kennedy + Square Roulette!

Started by Bally6354, December 27, 2012, 03:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bally6354

This is getting a bit of airplay on another site.

Has anyone figured this stuff out yet?  :o

http://web.archive.org/web/20021209001742/www.sq-ro-let.com/contents.html

chapter 3 Sam!  :thumbsup:
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

TwoCatSam

Two wheels are side by side.

Joe plays twelve units the first dozen.

Bill plays a unit on each number in the first dozen.

#10 comes on one wheel and #5 on the other.  Who wins more?

Thanks, Bally.

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

sqzbox

Well, it is the same of course.  I personally don't subscribe to Jack's theory BUT I have to say, I haven't quite figured out how to come to terms with the concept of betting against yourself - which is what you are doing if you bet more than one number.  It would seem to be a bad idea yet the arithmetic shows quite clearly that it has no cost.  Consider the following 2 scenarios - one betting all numbers and one betting just one number.

Scenario 1 – 1 chip on all 38 numbers for 38 spins (he is using the American wheel).  Using the probabilities we would get a single hit on each spin so the arithmetic is like this: cost 38, return 35 plus our chip on that number = 36. Net loss = 2. Over 38 spins our total net loss is 76 units and our outlay is 38 x 38 = 1444. Calculating our loss in percentage terms is 76/1444= 0.0526.  Or 5.26%.
Scenario 2 – 38 chips on 1 number for 38 spins.  We get one hit (probabilistic-ally speaking).  So – cost is the same at 1444 (38 x 38).  The return when we get our hit is 38 x 35 plus our 38 chips on the number = 1368 so our net total loss is 1444 – 1368 = 76.  Again, calculating our loss in percentage terms is 76/1444= 0.0526.  Or 5.26%.So I'm afraid that his theory doesn't stack up – at least, as far as I understand what he is trying to say.  If you think I haven't understood his theory properly then that's fine, explain it to me a bit more and I'll try another scenario.

sqzbox

mmm - I wonder what happened to scenario 1?  Oh well, here it is.

Scenario 1 – 1 chip on all 38 numbers for 38 spins (he is using the American wheel).  Using the probabilities we would get a single hit on each spin so the arithmetic is like this: cost 38, return 35 plus our chip on that number = 36. Net loss = 2. Over 38 spins our total net loss is 76 units and our outlay is 38 x 38 = 1444. Calculating our loss in percentage terms is 76/1444= 0.0526.  Or 5.26%.
[/color]

sqzbox

What's going on?  Why wouldn't it post?  It was a simple cut and paste.  I'll try one more time.

Bally6354

Bryan

I posted the link up to the book on this site to help out another member (Twocatsam)

The other site where it was getting discussed does not allow links!

I am still reading through it myself. It is an entertaining read if nothing else.

cheers
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

VLS

QuoteWhat's going on?  Why wouldn't it post?  It was a simple cut and paste.
Bryan, you are getting acclimatized  :nod:   :D
Perhaps the toggle button can help this time. It's the "A" on the toolbar :

[attachimg=1]

It changes the post box into a regular text-only space (a la notepad). It accepts all text.
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor