Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

When you're thinking about buying a system

Started by wannawin, May 12, 2014, 01:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannawin

Quote from: superrickAnytime somebody's trying to sell you a system you can almost bet that somewhere along the line it's going to fail. If it never failed, why in the world would would he be selling it to you?

When you're thinking about buying a system, think about this, there's a sucker born every minute, are YOU one of those suckers?
say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.

esoito

They all fail (to make a profit) at some point, so that's hardly a negative.

The eternal challenge is to identify a system that makes a profit more often than it fails to make a profit.

And, of course, such a system...method...strategy... might be worth buying.

Furthermore, not all system-sellers are scammers. (Some, but not all)

Some quite genuinely want to help others.

Some sell to raise extra funds -- and why shouldn't they?

However, in all cases the usual cautions apply to any potential buyer: 

CAVEAT EMPTOR  +  CAVEAT LECTOR

wannawin

Sorry but here I am more radical. Quoted:

"By extension, a snake oil salesman is someone who knowingly sells fraudulent goods or who is himself or herself a fraud, quack, charlatan, and the like."

I do not find a single difference between the snake oil salesman to who sells systems knowing that it is not working (or he would use it and would not sell anything to the public).

No doubt they have to have the system tested by the same system vendors first. Them after seeing that their method is a loser , then yes, after proven it has no value as a method now time to find the value in the pockets of the unwary.
say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.

esoito

Now you're talking about deliberate frauds. And that is always wrong.

There's a difference between:

someone who genuinely believes their system is valid and sells it on that understanding

and

someone who deliberately pretends their system is valid and sells it through false and misleading statements

I have some sympathy for the former but, like you, I have none at all for the latter.

I can only repeat: caveat emptor and caveat lector to try to avoid becoming a sucker.

(The only time I was a sucker was when my mother breastfed me. We stopped when I was 27...a sad day because then I had to learn to cook.)