Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

[REQUEST] Sleep statistics/mathematical formula for group of numbers

Started by Ophis, December 29, 2012, 05:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ophis

Im looking for statistics or some sort of mathematical data about probability of how many spins can groups of numbers sleep.

groups example:
X,X,X...
(various sizes of groups)

how many spins can group of numbers with specific size sleep?
what should be average appearance rate?

could someone help me get that sort of data or formula how to calculate this?
Multi Systems Tracker
➨ *Link Removed*

Gizmotron

Here's a basic formula

6 - 37 = 31

31 divided by 37 = .8378  -- 1 sleeper in a row

.8378 times .8378 = .7019  -- 2 sleepers in a row

.7019 times .8378 = .5880  -- 3 sleepers in a row

.5880 times .8378 = .4926  -- 4 sleepers in a row ...etc.

If this is confusing, you have a 83% chance of missing the sleeper on the first step.
"...IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO BREAK THE LAW OF AVERAGES." 

Ophis

Quote from: Gizmotron on December 29, 2012, 08:57:22 PM
Here's a basic formula

6 - 37 = 31

31 divided by 37 = .8378  -- 1 sleeper in a row

Am i reading this right?
There is 0.83% chance to NOT hit 6 numbers bet?
= there is 99,17% to hit?

Seems a bit odd.

If this is confusing, you have a 83% chance of missing the sleeper on the first step.

Ok. didint notice that. Thanks  :applause:
Multi Systems Tracker
➨ *Link Removed*

Gizmotron

Let's try a basic arithmetic test.

_____

.17 times 6 = 1.02

That's close enough. You have a 17% chance of hitting just 6 numbers.

Ophis

Basing on that formula i have made small Excel sheet... maybe someone will need it in the future.
Multi Systems Tracker
➨ *Link Removed*

esoito

Quote from: Gizmotron on December 29, 2012, 08:57:22 PM

6 - 37 = 31

I'm struggling with that because I'm basically useless.

To me the answer is -31 (a negative number)

Ophis

Multi Systems Tracker
➨ *Link Removed*

Gizmotron

Quote from: esoito on December 30, 2012, 12:00:14 AM
I'm struggling with that because I'm basically useless.

To me the answer is -31 (a negative number)

For this stage of my equation I've commanded the computer to only use unsigned numbers. Its impossible to have a negative number of slots on the wheel. So I have effectively eliminated the negative. Don't believe it? Look up unsigned numbers.

Juiced91

Why do all your replies have to come with an arrogance that your above everyone. 6-37= -31. You can say we're all stupid as we don't understand your posts that's cause none of them make sense. Yes you post your so-called "winning" system, but you need to be a species from mars to begin to understand what half your replies mean. We're all equal here.

Gizmotron

Quote from: Juiced91 on December 30, 2012, 11:13:55 PM
Why do all your replies have to come with an arrogance that your above everyone. 6-37= -31. You can say we're all stupid as we don't understand your posts that's cause none of them make sense. Yes you post your so-called "winning" system, but you need to be a species from mars to begin to understand what half your replies mean. We're all equal here.

Wow! I had no idea I was reaching half. Thanks.

Juiced91

esoito

Quote from: Gizmotron on December 30, 2012, 01:13:55 AM
For this stage of my equation I've commanded the computer to only use unsigned numbers. Its impossible to have a negative number of slots on the wheel. So I have effectively eliminated the negative. Don't believe it? Look up unsigned numbers.

Rather than one shrouded in mystery and obfuscation, the members are entitled to a clear, understandable explanation as to why  6 - 37 = 31 in your world, instead of -31.

Gizmotron

Quote from: esoito on January 01, 2013, 11:05:08 PM

Rather than one shrouded in mystery and obfuscation, the members are entitled to a clear, understandable explanation as to why  6 - 37 = 31 in your world, instead of -31.

Nothing more than absolute laziness. I know there can't be a negative result. I knew I needed a quick and easy result that had to be greater than 30. So I slapped the full quantity with the isolated group. So yes, I sloppied the equation. You should take notice that the full equation was understood. The communication process worked. The point was made. I expect syntax error in a development environment. SO GET OFF MY BACK!

AMK

Gizmotron,

I think you would agree that if you were a moderator you would ruffle some feathers, and in "most" cases by accident  : )

With all due respect, it might be a good idea to write a book. Your understanding seems to be vast and profitable.

But perhaps you might chose to do so after you develop your software.

Until such a point we can only try and decipher your guidance.

Gizmotron

Are you aware that I published the chart & the list at this dot com? If you can't understand these then I don't know what to say.