Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Final resolution: Our site goes on "AS IS"

Started by VLS, April 06, 2013, 07:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLS

The final resolution for our site is to continue "as is".

Our life continues. What we bring to the scene continues. We can make life in our website with certainty of continuation again.

Also, as things are appeased we can integrate with the other communities better. Software-wise and participation wise.

We keep our openness policy. Everybody is invited to participate, no sites are censored and basically our forum's staff keeps on conducting business as usual, with me on the IT side and keeping the seat as forum owner and administrator.

So dear friends, thank you very much for your support.

We have the opportunity to be the best site we can be for this community to thrive.

Getting our act together again,

Your old-timer friendly admin,
Vic
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

Razor

Peaceful warrior

Dino246

I agree with Razor.

Site now looks very modern and clearer to use.

All the very best ongoing with your endeavours....Vic.

Cheers.
Dino.

VLS

Quote from: Razor on April 06, 2013, 10:56:34 AM
The new skin of the site is perfect
It wasn't a skin, actually a bug as I was "mangling" with our sources to restore functionality back but it got too late :o

Any case, the "as is" refers to ownership and administration, not functionality; we are due to increase on that side :nod:
-- Victor

XXVV

Well done Vic

and .....''life goes on".

Some lessons for all in this, and best wishes to all, and to all 'sides' in  the commercial practical sense.

Hearty thanks to all. We all have to make 'allowances' at times and this is maturity when not overtly judgmental. I know it's a fine line and as we say in the building and development business, 'its water under the bridge' and to add even more mixed metaphors (* Tony Robbins would be delighted), you don't burn your bridges, or who may be your next bedfellows (in the commercial sense).

As long as improved standards of presentation and editing control ( et al...) are maintained then we have a wonderful vehicle for our extended family of participants. Remember this is just a means to an end, it's a vehicle, and the adult behaviour, spirit and sense of genuine research among the participants is an ongoing challenge which I am sure will be achieved.

Now what was that about Van der Waerden's Theorem again.....

Best wishes
XXVV

marivo

spike

Where did the list of recent posts at the bottom of the homepage go,
how do we know who's saying what without it.

VLS

Quote from: spike on April 07, 2013, 01:49:58 AM
Where did the list of recent posts at the bottom of the homepage go,
how do we know who's saying what without it.
I'm placing it right above the sections as per Chris' sharp request... In the mean time, please visit:

http://betselection.cc/unread/?all;start=0

For the list of recently updated topics  :thumbsup:
-- Victor

Albalaha

Victor,
     My suggestion: make a permanent donation section for the forum's upkeep so that it doesn't become a responsibility of yours only. It is necessary now since there is no paid subscribers. Open donations and its open acknowledgements will lead more members to come forward to help and the best part is, it is voluntary.
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

VLS

Quote from: Albalaha on April 07, 2013, 03:00:54 AM
Victor,
     My suggestion: make a permanent donation section for the forum's upkeep so that it doesn't become a responsibility of yours only. It is necessary now since there is no paid subscribers. Open donations and its open acknowledgements will lead more members to come forward to help and the best part is, it is voluntary.
Most-excellent idea dear Sumit. It will be taken into consideration. It is voluntary indeed :nod:
-- Victor

Albalaha

Yeah,
             A "donation section" or "site maintenance fundraising section" would do greater than putting donation button. If someone is really interested in gambling, there is no harm in giving a minor financial aid to a community like this. It is a gambling university.
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

Bally6354

The new layout is cool. Nice and colourful.

I also like the fact that you don't always need to login to read a few posts.  :thumbsup:
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.