Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Anyone Else?

Started by soxfan, April 11, 2015, 11:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soxfan

Just wondering, how many of you cats figure you could win just three units, each and every day workin with a 100 units lifetime bankroll, hey hey?

Jimske

Quote from: soxfan on April 11, 2015, 11:50:22 PM
Just wondering, how many of you cats figure you could win just three units, each and every day workin with a 100 units lifetime bankroll, hey hey?
I'd have to answer no, not every day.  When I look at my session stats there are da.us when my win rate is below even 51% so flat bet no good.   So then the question for me becomes am I up 3 units at some point every session?  Most days yes.  Every day, probably not.

I'd have a better chance with your prog - higher risk  )))

ezmark

To win three units with a 100 unit bank, a player should only bet the same amount without a progression.
I will need to get back to you on this,  being I play only three times a month.  It may take some time.

soxfan

I still don't think that betting flat gonna feed the bulldog if yer hopin to capture just three unit per day. I think a positive progression is the best way to attack it, hey hey.

horus

Quote from: soxfan on April 12, 2015, 04:02:50 AM
I still don't think that betting flat gonna feed the bulldog if yer hopin to capture just three unit per day. I think a positive progression is the best way to attack it, hey hey.

I am not going to tempt fate at the moment but I think it's likely that you could win 3 units almost every day. Then I suppose it comes down to what you are prepared to accept as a stop loss and walk away. I suppose you can only find that out through a lot of practice which is what I am doing at the moment.

If you can win 3 units 4 days a week and lose 5 units once. That's still a 7 unit gain. That would be acceptable if the units were high enough to make it worth your while.

There is nothing wrong with a tight game IMO.

cheers
If you fail to know, fail to prepare, fail to plan and practice, then know full well that you are knowingly preparing and planning to lose. What you don't know and don't do will be your undoing.

soxfan

I pose this question for cats who buck up against the dice and roulettes as well as the baccarats, hey hey.

ezmark

I will let ya know on my next trip late this week. I will flat bet $25 maybe $50 and try for three or more. This will buy few gallons of jet fuel.

soxfan

To follow up regarding the stop loss. I would never have a stop loss in terms of unit cuz I view that whole bankroll as bein in play. Rather, I would make my stop loss in terms of shoes played and for me that was FIVE shoes, maximum. When I played this style I would walk, up less than three unit, even, or down any amounts and come back the next day/session looking to again capture those THREE unit, hey hey.

greenguy

Quote from: soxfan on April 11, 2015, 11:50:22 PM

Piece of cake.
Although there are rare occasions when I would need 108 units.

Bayes

I'm pretty confident that I could do it.

Bac2Bac

On most days I would not run into a problem being up 3 units. But, there will be many days that I would need more than 100 or 108 units to achieve a 3 unit profit for the day.

How exactly can I achieve this on a daily bases?

ezmark

While reading an older ImSpirit  I read that if a flat bet loses, a progression will only lose more.
I assume the opposite will be true as well. 

soxfan

Quote from: ezmark on April 15, 2015, 12:05:09 AM
While reading an older ImSpirit  I read that if a flat bet loses, a progression will only lose more.

That's nonsense, progressions are the only way to come out on top, hey hey.

greenguy

Quote from: ezmark on April 15, 2015, 12:05:09 AM

That's not quite true.

The thing is, if you know you can win flat betting then a customised progression will definitely win more. Whether you should bother has been the argument for a long while amongst those who know how to win flat betting.

Bac2Bac

My play has me believing:

-winning 3 units each and every day= plausible
     -and with 100 unit bankroll = highly unlikely

-positive progression requires a much larger lifetime bankroll
-even Gr8player's negative progression would require more

-playing 365 days x 3U = 1095units/year and risking only 100U would be bliss

-"averaging" 3U a day is attainable using :soxfan's aggressive progression
                                                             Gr8player's trending style
                                                              RolexWatch's "hard" play among many others.

-having an open mind leaves me willing to learn more(my bulldog is always hungry)