Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

A QUICK OVERVIEW

Started by esoito, December 31, 2012, 11:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esoito

In UK:           

• 6 dogs to a race
  • each dog races from a trap

In Aus/USA: 

• 8 dogs to a race
  • each dog races from a box

Bots:

There are numerous bots available for backing/laying dog races.

NB: Users who leave them running unsupervised for extended periods have often returned to find their bank has been emptied by a bad run!!

Racing Systems:

Again, numerous products. Many are especially aimed at the UK races.

Caveat emptor !!!   A LOT of them are outright scams.  Or plagiarised from elsewhere and dressed up in a new set of clothes.

That opinion is based on several year's experience, and not made simply off the top of my head.

Bally6354

A friend of mine that lives down in London is a big dogs fan! He has regularly visited the London tracks for the last 40 years and is no mug!

He has a method which seems to win more often than not. We have something here in the U.K called 'The trap challenge'.

3 pts for a win.
2 pts for second place.
1 pt for third place.

The dog with the most points wins the challenge. You do sometimes get dead heats.

He has told me his selection criteria oodles of times and I keep forgetting it!  :))

I am going down to see him next week and I will write it down this time.

cheers
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

esoito

And your challenge is to remember it !! LOL

I'll be most interested to see his selection criteria. Look forward to your next post.

Bally6354

I will get it next week and write it up on here.

What I liked about it was that there was nearly always a selection which was a clear pick over the rest of the traps. This in an individual race would normally mean a skinny price however the prices for the trap challenge normally start around the 7/2 mark. I have had a few nice 5/1 and 11/2 winners with it!
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

esoito

Quote from: Bally6354 on January 01, 2013, 12:29:35 AM
I will get it next week and write it up on here.

What I liked about it was that there was nearly always a selection which was a clear pick over the rest of the traps. This in an individual race would normally mean a skinny price however the prices for the trap challenge normally start around the 7/2 mark. I have had a few nice 5/1 and 11/2 winners with it!

Tempus fugit....

• Have you forgotten to "...write it up on here" ?
  • Or changed your mind?
  • Or couldn't get hold of it?
[Or all of those? LOL]