Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

The Solidus

Started by Bally6354, January 23, 2013, 01:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bally6354

The Solidus was a book written by Dave Towey away back in the 90's.

It was a bit of a revolutionary way of thinking and many good trainers of the day learned how to place their horses to better effect after studying the concepts in this book.

It was never widely available and finding a copy now would be like finding hens teeth.

It was however serialized in late 2003 in the monthly magazine Smartsig. (Smartsig was like the shrewdies bible for a period of a few years where some of the best AP players contributed their knowledge)

I will reproduce it here and maybe some of you will gain some knowledge from it and even come up with your own ideas after studying it.

I will add I know of several people who won national tipping competitions using the criteria in the Solidus for finding selections.

cheers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i81ydog6ug3ypiq/The%20Solidus.CV01.pdf?m
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

Bally6354

The dropbox upload is not very clear on some of the pages.

I did try to attatch as a PDF but it was not having it. I have mentioned this to Victor several weeks ago about getting a message saying the files are too long when I tried to upload something else. He did say he was going to look into it. So I will put it up again later when things get sorted out.
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

esoito

Bally

All is well -- no need to mess around re-doing it!!

I downloaded it OK.   I can easily read it OK.

Thank you for taking the trouble to make it available.

Bayes

Bally, there's some free software which evolved from Solidus, you have to pay for daily updates but they are only £10/month. Definitely worth checking out.

QuoteRacing sense is the best overall computer program for horse racing yet devised - we say that in terms of what it offers, its price and feedback from our customers. Previously released as "Simple Software Racing" (SSR1). This high quality horse racing prediction program evolved from its forerunner, the book, 'The Solidus' which has been judged a great success by independent reviews in the racing press as well as the feedback received via our mailbag.
'The Solidus' has stimulated a great interest in time as well as on racing theory generally and has provided a very useful reference source on the racecourses and distances in within the UK. Due to the information storage and data analysis power available on computers users of our custom built horse racing program find keeping up with ever changing racing statistics could not be easier. Racing sense is a top quality computer program that boasts a comprehensive database which we update ourselves with the latest horse racing data and sent out updates daily to our customers or if you prefer to compile your own database it functions as a 'stand-alone'.

http://www.racingsense.com

Sputnik

Nice topic, many thanks.

ZAHAM

Hi,

I tried to down load The Solidus, but got a "page disabled" error.    Can you email the pdf copy of The Solidus to me.

Dave R

Please can you resend the link for the solidus download

many thanks

Dave R

esoito

It might be quicker to ask Bally via a PM as it was his own, private dropbox link.

dazzad777

Hi all,
I own an original copy of The Solidus book. If anyone in interested in purchasing it, please feel free to get in touch. Cheers.

tdx

Is the software  only for horses in the UK or can it be used for horses in the States?