Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Luck of the Irish?

Started by soxfan, April 10, 2016, 01:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimske

So here is a live study done with actual live bets.  This is not an end all but i thought it interesting.  Pretty strict bet placement plus I took some advice and kept my number of bets per shoe down to around 30 bets.  I used a MM including stop win/loss to get out of bad shoes and stay in winning shoes.  I keep a W/L record and bet amount on each shoe.  I made 737 bets and won 55.19% of bets for a flat bet win of 79 units (gross).

Next I decided to use a parlay prog of 111123468,11,15,20 for a possible loss of 73 units and re-played each shoe from the beginning to see the results.  I played 23 shoes and re-started each from the beginning.  56%?  WOW!  Or is anyone out there achieving a much higher rate?

I lost the big kahuna twice for a 63 and 73 unit loss.  Bottom line???  The prog got a total gross win of 110 units!  I didn't figure the commission on either but got to assume the commission on the prog has to reduce that 110 win rate way more relative to the flat bet.

Only two losses for 23 tries.  Does this make sense to play?  Thoughts?
FYI.  In case you're wondering.  I didn't flat bet but bet my usual kind of grind method.  I won 69 units including commission.  LOL - about the same as flat bet, huh?  The only difference is that my shoe win rate much higher with my bet style than if I just bet flat.

J

21 Aces

I'm sorry, but I will pound the table and state that 23 shoes is statistically significant and relevant and I do not believe that Black Riders are in their bull pen chopping at the bit with new and different super secret shuffles.  Each shoe was different, but included much of the same.

Difficult to get up there in bet size so perhaps level it off?
Life is something you dominate if you're any good. - Tom Buchanan

AsymBacGuy

Quote from: Jimske on April 17, 2016, 03:52:57 PM
So here is a live study done with actual live bets.  This is not an end all but i thought it interesting.  Pretty strict bet placement plus I took some advice and kept my number of bets per shoe down to around 30 bets.  I used a MM including stop win/loss to get out of bad shoes and stay in winning shoes.  I keep a W/L record and bet amount on each shoe.  I made 737 bets and won 55.19% of bets for a flat bet win of 79 units (gross).

Next I decided to use a parlay prog of 111123468,11,15,20 for a possible loss of 73 units and re-played each shoe from the beginning to see the results.  I played 23 shoes and re-started each from the beginning.  56%?  WOW!  Or is anyone out there achieving a much higher rate?

I lost the big kahuna twice for a 63 and 73 unit loss.  Bottom line???  The prog got a total gross win of 110 units!  I didn't figure the commission on either but got to assume the commission on the prog has to reduce that 110 win rate way more relative to the flat bet.

Only two losses for 23 tries.  Does this make sense to play?  Thoughts?
FYI.  In case you're wondering.  I didn't flat bet but bet my usual kind of grind method.  I won 69 units including commission.  LOL - about the same as flat bet, huh?  The only difference is that my shoe win rate much higher with my bet style than if I just bet flat.

J

In some way you gave the answer by yourself.

And I'm glad you have reduced your bets per shoe.

as.   

Baccarat is 99% skill and 1% luck

CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS. CAN'T LOSE
(Friday Night Lights TV series)

I NEVER LOSE.
I EITHER WIN OR LEARN
(Nelson Mandela)

Winners don't do different things, they do things differently (Albalaha)

Jimske

Quote from: 21 Aces on April 17, 2016, 04:25:34 PM
I'm sorry, but I will pound the table and state that 23 shoes is statistically significant and relevant and I do not believe that Black Riders are in their bull pen chopping at the bit with new and different super secret shuffles.  Each shoe was different, but included much of the same.

Difficult to get up there in bet size so perhaps level it off?
Well you do know a lot about Batman I got to hand it to you. :))

Jimske

Quote from: AsymBacGuy on April 17, 2016, 05:26:24 PM
In some way you gave the answer by yourself.

And I'm glad you have reduced your bets per shoe.

as.
So a function of betting less?  or MM? or bet selection?  or all three?

21 Aces

Quote from: Jimske on April 17, 2016, 05:58:17 PM
Well you do know a lot about Batman I got to hand it to you. :))

We have a thread going.  I think it makes some people feel better.

The Dark Wizard and His Black Riders 
http://betselection.cc/off-topic/the-dark-wizard-and-his-black-riders/
Life is something you dominate if you're any good. - Tom Buchanan

Jimske

Quote from: 21 Aces on April 17, 2016, 06:08:30 PM
We have a thread going.  I think it makes some people feel better.

The Dark Wizard and His Black Riders 
http://betselection.cc/off-topic/the-dark-wizard-and-his-black-riders/
you got a thread going.  I'm not even curious enough to look. 

AsymBacGuy

Quote from: Jimske on April 17, 2016, 06:01:28 PM
So a function of betting less?  or MM? or bet selection?  or all three?

Betting less, imo, might help on BS. And a general flat betting plan isn't so bad after all.

as.

Baccarat is 99% skill and 1% luck

CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS. CAN'T LOSE
(Friday Night Lights TV series)

I NEVER LOSE.
I EITHER WIN OR LEARN
(Nelson Mandela)

Winners don't do different things, they do things differently (Albalaha)