Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Play to win OR break even

Started by VLS, January 14, 2013, 02:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLS

It is my observation anyone can handle winning times perfectly. You just sit, lay your bets and collect. Very easy!

The interesting part and what can make a big difference in your monthly balance is how to handle the hard times.

It has happened to me that after being up "half-way", at times even almost reaching my win target, then a drop comes up.

I like to apply the 10:1 reset point rule which helps in avoiding getting stuck fighting for minimal units, since it lowers the highest balance target according to the draw-down.

I also like to have a "Max. spins to achieve" rule per system.

After the previously-determined amount of spins to achieve is played, then the game changes:

- If on the plus (even +1 unit), then game ends on the spot.

- If on the negative, then the game turns into: PLAY TO BREAK EVEN.

When on this mode, the only goal is not to lose.

It is usual to see some figures according to regular study for a system. There is an average length of spins within which the sessions are cleared with a profit. After that point is surpassed, chances are that if you stay it means facing a negative session. The goal therefore is shifted to break even and getting the hell out of there ASAP when on such trams.

Also, i also like to set a 3rd mark. The "Out now" spin. When reached, regardless of the current bankroll balance, it's time to end the session.

After such "out now" point the sessions are usually doomed, so staying would be awaiting for a "Miraculous comeback", which usually doesn't happen according to study. So it's time to let go.

True the miraculous recovery could happen, but a "spins-to-win" relation for sessions shows a bell-curve shape. When the most-likely success point is gone, better to keep your units locked.

These safeguard rules come from experience. Hope they help.

Vic
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

VLS

Breaking even is very important for the savvy player.

It is inherent in every player to make the goal to have as much WON sessions as possible, but if not attainable in a certain day then BREAKING EVEN is the best stopping point.

Think of the bigger picture.

You didn't lose, so there's no negative impact in your session-to-session scorecard nor in your pocket. Your units are safe with you for a new battle.

Remember: in the monthly balance there's no difference between a unit won and a unit saved.
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

Ralph

Best is to win and second not lose, break even. I think it is not many players not agree! ::)